Chapter 30: I killed a man

I would usually take charge, but now, I'm clueless.

"They got to them before we could." Harry frowned.

"What are we going to do?" Niall crossed his arms.

Of course, all eyes fell on me.

"I don't know...... yet." I said looking at Puck. "We need to think fast, if we take too long, they'll get suspicious."

"I miss them." Liam said, which crumbled my mood lifting speech in secconds.

"Aw." Puck carried his friend, "It'll be okay, your smart friend Ivory can get us out of this mess."

I smiled, and Niall and Harry looked at each other and shrugged.

I put my hands on my fists, "I guess the best we can do is sneak them out. Niall, can you check the office to see who's tending to Louis and Zayn? Puck, you'll be out stunt devil of course, and Harry can wait outside with Niall for backup while I distract."

"What do I do?" Liam asked, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

"You can.... be security, yea, make sure Niall and Harry don't leave their posts."

"Because their pussy cats!" Liam laughed.

We all looked at Puck who laughed lightly and shrugged.

"The school nurse is keeping them occupied. There's only one person a the front desk. We should go while there's few people." Niall reported before standing at the side exit with Harry.

"Thanks Niall." I smiled, then turned to Puck, "Come in right after me."

"Right after you," Puck nodded, "got it."

I strolled into the office greeting the old lady up front. Apparently she recognized me as Genius Girl.

"Hello Ivory, how are the classes?"

"Fine." I said, but realized I needed to keep the conversation going. "B-But Miss. Moon is stubborn." I regretted it right after I said it, but she was so taken aback, she didn't notice Puck sneaking in.

"Miss. Moon, my daughter....?" Oh no. "You took a cooking class?"

Shit, shit, shit, shit. That's what I stepped in.

Puck was trying to get Louis or Zayn's attention, but they were all eyes on a stethoscope.

"Oh, no! I just asked her something and she didn't answer right away. I-I was just in a hurry."

"Oh? What were you asking her?"

It's not working! Puck seemed to be mouthing to me.

"I just, um-"

"SOMEBODY HELP! I THINK HE'S DEAD!" Harry came in the office screaming with Niall flung over his shoulder, "I KILLED A MAN!"

"C-Calm down!" The nurse ran out of the room so fast, she didn't notice Puck at the doorway.

Puck quickly scooped up the dog and the boy as I slipped away as the lady at the front desk became distracted.

"I'm sorry Ivory! They were too strong, I couldn't hold them out." Liam the security guard apologized as we ran to the safety of the library.

I laughed and scooped him up into my arms, "It's okay, you did your best. And we got your friends back too." I smiled at him and he smiled back, waving to Louis in Puck's arms.

Never. Again. Puck panted dropping the two on the floor of the library. I will never take my eyes off Liam, Louis and Zayn. I swear.

At least they're back. I put my hands on my hips and sighed.

Wait.

"Won't they realize they're missing then look for these two?" I thought out loud.

"I left a note."

Well, if it's a convincing note, it'll probably work. "See?" I smiled. "This proves You're not stupid Puck."

"Yea." Puck grinned to himself, "Maybe I'll cure cancer one day."

"By pouring random chemicals together? Probably." We laughed.

Niall and Harry came back a few hours later from detention. False injuries and dramatic screaming in the office is prohibited. Though, they did confirm that the office was a worry-free environment after they left. Which was hard to believe.

"Don't worry, it's all done now." Niall reassured me. "Why don't we get some doughnuts."

We all laughed, "How about no."

__________________________________

Woah, it didn't take me months to upload this one.

Ugh.

Well, I already started the next chapter so it won't take that long again.

That was horrible. Never again.

Oh, and thanks to EVERYONE who read this far. There's about FIFTY of you, even after that huge time gap! I don't even have that many friends. xP

Thanks guys. ♥