Chapter 2: Doritos

I entered the room and all eyes laid on me. I started to twirl my brown hair, it's a habit....  

"Hello dear." the teacher said from her desk holding the speaker side of her phone "Just pick a seat, I'll be right with you."  

I looked around and the only seat was in the back next to a blond boy sneaking food as he worked. 

Walking to my seat I heard whispers like "That's the California Nerd." "More like imported geek."  

I sat down and the teacher told the blond boy to explain to me what we were doing because she was busy.  

"Well we're just writing a few paragraphs on what we already know about the circulatory system." he put a Dorito in his mouth.  

"Okay, thanks um..."  

"Niall." he smiled.  

"I'm Ivory." we smiled at each other.  

"Five more minutes." the teacher interrupted. 

I quickly got to work. Let's see, the circulatory system. Blood, nutrients, arteries...  

CRUNCH CRUNCH  

Blood vessels, oxygen...  

CRUNCH  

heart....  

CRUNCH CRUNCH 

I looked over and saw Niall stuffing his face with chips and little crumbs gathering at his essay.  

How did no one notice?  

"N-Niall can you please eat quietly?" I rested my head on my hand.  

He sat up straight, "Oh sorry, did you want some?"  

"TIME'S UP!" the teacher yelled as everyone dropped their pencil on their desk groaning. "Passem' up."  

I only got six and a half sentences, but at least I didn't get three like a certain foodaholic.  

"Okay class, now do um stuff." the teacher sat at her desk reading our work.  

Yup, this is my dream school where I plan to study hard.  

"Lunch is next period so I'm heading out." Niall grabbed his backpack. "See ya."  

"Bye." I waved.  

Looking at the clock, there was ten minutes left in the period, and almost everyone already left the classroom.  

"I guess I'll go too." I walked out the class room, past the laughing janitors, and into the sunlight.