Chapter 3: me ferrets

A blast of cold air hit me as I walked in the library. The AC was on full blast and it was freezing. I hugged myself to keep warm and went to find a table to study.

It was lunch but I wasn't hungry, I was too worried about all the learning I missed from first period because of all my stupid wandering.

It wasn't hard to find an empty spot, the whole place was deserted. I grabbed a history textbook and read the first few pages. I started to think I was alone until a loud yell came from the front of the library. It sounded a bit like: LARRY LIVE ME FERRETS. But the yelling came closer and I saw a curly haired boy zoom by with Louis behind him yelling, "HARRY, MY CARROTS!"

They stopped and turned around and faced me.

"Um, hi?" I said awkwardly.

"Woah, someone actually came in the library." Harry said stared at me. I looked back at him, we had the same eyes.

"That's miss scholarship." Louis said as if I weren't there.

"What do you mean 'someone actually came in the library'?" I questioned shivering. Seriously, can I get a warm puppy and some hot cocoa. Oh, and some scarves.

"Well now a days people use tablets instead of regular books to read or look in their textbook." Louis said sitting across from me. "It's such a shame."

I nodded, "I'd actually rather have the regular books, it just seems better somehow."

Louis nodded and Harry put his jacket on my shoulders. "You looked cold." he said sitting.

"Thanks." I smiled hugging his jacket closer to me.

"Well anyway, I'm Harry." Harry introduced himself then extended his arm out and I shook it, "I'm Ivory, so you guys hang out at the library a lot?"

"We're part of the library staff!" Louis smiled.

"Even though nobody uses the library, there's still new books to order and old ones to donate." Harry played with his own hair.

"Well it gives you something to do." I closed my textbook, so much for studying. "So who else is part of the Library Staff?"

"Me, Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Liam." Louis said proudly.

"Carrots, Curly, Golf cart, Foodaholic, and....Liam?"

Harry made a face at his nickname, "Well, Liam will be here soon you can meet him then."

I nodded as a brown haired boy came in carrying a water bottle. "Come on boys, let's get those books checked in." he immediately got the two scrambling to follow orders.

"Hi." he looked at me then stared for a moment. "Are you that girl who-"

"Yea, I'm Ivory." I quickly said before he could say 'scholar braniac'

"Liam." he said as we shook hands.

"What brings you to the library?" he took a sip of water.

"Um, just to study."

Liam almost spit out his water.

"Did I do something wrong....?"

"N-No, it's just not many people study at the library." he cleared his throat.

"I can tell." I laughed.

I put my textbook away as Doritos and Golf Cart came in. "Ivory?" They said surprised at the same time.

"Hi guys." I flashed a smile leaving them to scratch their heads in confusion.

The rest of lunch I kind of stalked them, or watched them carefully, whatever you want to call it. They scanned books, and put them on shelves. But Zayn and Harry had to show off and climb the bookshelves and jump bookshelf to bookshelf.

"Zayn! Help me up!" Louis whined. Zayn smiled and helped his friend up the bookshelf. They all ninja jumped getting away from work as Niall and I laughed at them from the ground. That is, until Liam yelled at them to get down and help work.

"Bell rings in three minutes guys." Harry called out.

I got my bag and walked out as the boys did the same. "To class!" Niall grabbed my hand.

"Wait! I have English next." I yelled as he dragged me.

"I know." he smiled.

"How?"

"I may or may not have peeked at your schedule." he continued to pull my arm out of it's socket.

"You sneaky leprechaun." I smiled as he smiled back.

_______________________________________

Attention mammals reading this story!

My awesome friend, neversayneverbieber, helped soooooo much with this story.

She's basically the other half of this story people!

So, I think she at least deserves a follow. eh? ;)

She's really nice and likes JB, 5SOS, and Tfios so I demand you all to mingle!