Chapter 34: For the Team

Today is the day. Liam is going to be a man today. He hasn't been to class in a month now, and he has to stand on a dictionary to reach the toilet. But it ends today.

"I think Miss Moon is SO hot." Puck grinned.

He sat at a table with Liam who was playing with a toy car, not paying much attention. The rest of us were behind bookshelves, watching if Liam would bite the bait.

"So. . . . you think anyone's hot?" Puck asked shrugging. "You know, you don't have to be shy, I won't laugh, this is just bro to bro talk you know. Won't tell a soul."

He crossed his finger behind his back.

"So anyone special on your mind?"

"Nope." Liam replied, crashing his toy car into a stack of books. 

Puck sighed, then walked behind the bookshelves to report back.

"What if he doesn't like someone?"

I tugged on my hair and wined, "He has to like somebody!" He had to, what would we do if he doesn't? Would he stay like that until he found someone to love?

I just realized how cliché this situation is. I looked at Liam. One last cliché chapter and we're done. But I don't know how to finish the race.

I mixed creamer in my coffee. I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately now that I think about it. I set a cup at a table, then sat down with the rest of the boys. And Liam doing who knows what under the table.

"So, what are you guys going to do after this is all over?" Harry asked, staring down at the table.

"Zouis all the way." Louis said, pecking Zayn's cheek.

"Go to Nandos. . . ." Niall said half heartedly.

Puck was silent. I just remembered he got kicked out of that little gang of his. I wonder what he's planning to do later.

"Well we can't think about that now." Puck shrugged, "We have to save Liam first."

"Right." I nodded. "So um, if he doesn't love anyone, we need to find a loophole."

"So what's the closest thing to love?" Zayn asked.

"How about like?" Niall suggested, then made a sound similar to what a whale would say. "Actually, never mind."

I stood up straight in my seat. "And who does Liam like?"

We all looked at Puck.

"What?" He questioned, then slowly comprehended, "Oh no no no no. That has to be some kind of bro code violation!"

Louis and Zayn dragged Puck under the table to Liam.

"No! I'm Jewish!" He begged.

"For the team Puckster." Lous said, then pushed his head down.

We eavesdropped from above the table, crossing our fingers.

"It's so cramped under here." Puck announced, then I felt my legs being pushed. I kicked him, then heard him groan.

"Liamthisdosen'tmeananythingI'mjusttakingonefortheteam."

"Wha-?"

I heard a gross noise, then something bumped up from the table.

"I'm straight!" Puck yelled, then scampered from the table.

"Ow, my head- where are my clothes?!?!"

"Coming right up mate." Harry handed him a pair of shorts and a shirt.

"It's over." I shrugged, looking anywhere but at Liam.

"Now what?" Niall asked.

"Go to class I guess?" Zayn shrugged.

So that's what we did. We slowly awkwardly made our way to our classes. It felt weird to walk to class after skipping for so long.

Niall and I walked to class together.

"I remember you were eating Doritos in class when I first met you." I laughed.

"I was hungry." He defended himself.

"During class?" I asked then twisted the doorknob. I opened the door. . . . to two janitors enjoying their lunch. "Sorry!" I said, then closed the door embarrassed.

Niall laughed his head off and held his stomach as he held the door to the classroom open. "I can't believe that just happened."

"Shut up. You were way cuter when your were a toddler." I smiled, then sat at the back of class with him.

"Aw, I'm not cute anymore?" he teased.

"M-Maybe a little."

______________________

 Oh my gosh guys! Thank you so so so much for reading, following, and voting! ♥

I hope you enjoyed reading. It's been a pretty long journey hasn't it? (especially with all my laziness) But thank you for sticking with me! >.<

Btw, there WILL be an Epilogue.

I can't than you guys enough, I read the comments and feel all warm inside, you know that feeling. I get it all the time with this story.

So thank you all very much, and I hope you all enjoyed reading Little Direction!