Chapter 34: Hints of the Past

Hannie's POV

Why would I feel electricity when our skins touch? Why would I easily blush with his gestures and jokes? Why would I feel whirlwinds in my stomach? Why would my heart flutter? Why do I feel like this around him?

Those answers were answered the day we first kissed..

It was because, I'm inlove with him.

Hinawakan ko mga labi ko.. It's been two days since we arrived but I could still feel his lips on mine. After our first kiss, we got closer.. I thought he was going to ignore me and I was going to avoid him but I was wrong he made me comfortable around him so I wouldn't be too mindful of the kiss. Kahit nakikita niya akong naiilang, gumagawa talaga siya ng effort para magpansinan kami.

And he's still continuing his courting. And of course pakipot ako. I want to see how sincere and real his feelings are. Hindi ko kayang sumugal para masaktan lang.

"Hey! Tulala ka Nie?"

"A-ah sorry. May iniisip lang."

"The kiss?!" sabay tawa nila

"Shut up Lia."

"Yeah, Lia shut up baka mangamatis si Nie," Singit ni Snow pero tumawa din after

This is why I regret telling them about what happened in the trip. Tadtad ako sa asar.

"Akalain mo 'yon? Si Hannie Cresselia ang magpapabago sa Xander namin?" said Eren.

OH I forgot we're with the BF. They know what happened too, of course Lia and Snow shared all the detail except for the 'Im inlove with Xander' part.

We drank our milkteas and continued chatting.

"So when's the wedding?"

"After a couple of weeks," I answered while taking a sip of my milk-tea.

"Finally the both of you are getting married! It's been years since we waited!" Dane said while slouching his back on the chair.

"Years?" I raised a brow. "Anong years? Kailan lang kami nagkakilala ni Xander."

"Nie-Nie?" Napalingon kami. "You're getting married? To him?"

"Ryo..."

He looked so not like himself, he got thinner and black circles surrounded his eyes.

Eren and the boys slowly stood up incase Ryo attacks but Ryo just left without a word.

"Guess he learned his lesson: Staying away from my girl." Xander smirked.

"Your girl?" I smirked back. "I am no one's girl."

"For now. But you will be mine." He grinned evilly.

"Yie!!!!!!!!" They all cheered.

Iniwas ko nalang agad tingin ko, feeling my cheeks flush.

But wait-

"Dane anong ibig mong sabihin kanina? You waited for years?"

"W-wala." He had the same look again, the look my mom gave to me when she was lying. "Bakit nasa labas na ng kulungan sa Ryo?"

"Tell me," Madiin kong sabi.

"Wala ng-nga Nie! It's nothing." Singit ni Gio.

I felt my blood boil, I hate it when people lie to me, I feel betrayed.

I stood up. "Alam niyo, nagtitimpi lang ako. But I have always observed that you guys have been lying to me! Including my mom! You say something out of the blue and when I ask about it, you lie or change the topic! Ano ba kasi ang hindi niyo sinasabi sa akin?"

They looked at each other, hesitating, except for Xander who too was confused.

"Nie... I think it's not for us to say.." Eren finally answered.

"Then who?! Atleast give me a hint or two!"

"It's your past..." Dane whispered.

"What about my past? Don't be vague!"

"We could only tell you this.." said Gio.

"You and Xander have been experiencing nightmares right?" Lia asked. Lagi ko ito kwinekwento sakanila pero kinalaman?

I looked at Xander who nodded. I suddenly remembered our similar nightmare. 

"Have you both had a similar nightmare?"

"No/Yes." Xander/Me

I looked at Xander who was looking at me confused and-pale. 

"The one you told me about in our trip. I had the same nightmare,"  sagot ko.

He nodded in shock.

"Those nightmares are hints of the past.." Snow answered while looking down.

"Past? What do those nightmares tell?" I felt frustrated and the pain my head began to start again.

"We can't tell anymore. Sabi kasi ni tita baka mabigla kayo at kung ano pa mangyari.." Lia answered apologetically.

"Mabigla-urghh. Nabibigla na ako ngayon-ahh!" I massaged my forehead that suddenly began to throb.

"Han okay ka lang?" Xander came up to me at inalalayan ako habang nakatayo. Urghh the pain is growing.

"This is what she meant. Let's bring her to the hospital-Xander?" 

I felt Xander's hold on me loosen. 

"Xander! Nie!"

Then everything went black.

Lia's POV

This is what we were avoiding! Why did Dane just keep his mouth shut?!

"Are they alright? Sorry na-late kami. Inaayos kasi naming kanina ang wedding plans," Tito Angelo said while panting along with tita and Xander's parents.

"They've been unconscious for two hours tito."

"Lia, dear, do they know?" Tita Shiela asked in worry.

"Only some tita. As you said we can't tell more. Then they lost consciousness.."

"Nie's brain couldn't take the pressure and Xander's brain.. wouldn't process what he just knew," Snow answered.

"What if we let them remember but something bad happens? I couldn't take that risk of separating them once more and lying to them. The pain of lying to them just for their health is painful enough," Tita Shiela said while tears ran down her eyes.

"Tita, I think they have to know."