Chapter 52: Trial

ilurvbooks, OMG po ang The Bet! Nangisay ako sa kilig! Haha. I so love it! Also the movie version na needed ko ang katabi dahil gusto ko mamamalo sa kilig!! 

A/N Ayoko tapusin huhuhu... Last one after this... then book 2! 

Hannie's POV

I know my joke being dead was not funny but seeing what he looked like when he thought I was dead was painful. So he'll be miserable when I die? My supposed to be sacrifice was going to leave him in pain...

I'm so lucky I lived. It's a mircle the bullet missed my chest and it's all thanks to HIM. HE gave me another chance. 

After being hospitalized for three days we were sent to court for trial. My body still feels stiff from the painful hits I got. I couldn't bear seeing my body. If Becky got hits from Ryo... her bruises were nothing compared to what she did to me.

But mom's been sending me to treatments... she says that I should be like porcelain on my wedding day so no bruises or scratches on my body.

I didn't want to hear what they wanted to say, it killed me, letting me remember and explain the hours of pain I experienced. I sneaked my earphones and played music.

I saw Linda come in, she looked like she didn't even care about what happened. She just grinned. After minutes of I don't know, the jury spoke, and based from what their mouths said, Linda's guilty. Next one to come in was Becky, her hair was ragged and she kept on struggling away from the guards. I cranked up the volume. I don't want to listen to whatever she says. I saw how she blew, the guards restrained her.

Like Linda, she was guilty. I took my earphones off.

"She is sentenced for 30 years," the judge said.

I shrugged and put my earphones back on. I felt numb, not happy nor sad for her. I felt nothing towards her.

I thought the trial was over but the guards brought in one more suspect.

"Alex..."

I immediately took my earphones off and struggled to stand up.

"Han-"

"He is not guilty or a suspect!"

Eyes turned to me.

"Ms. Cresselia, he was part of the plot of kidnapping and killing you," the judge explained.

"WAS," I emphasized, "no disrespect madame judge but he made me run even before Becky kidnapped me."

"But Ms. Cresselia that is not concrete evidence that'll prove him not guilty. He was seen to be coming in the hotel with Linda and Becky."

Kumunot ang noo ko.

"He let me escape. He was about to sacrifice himself for me."

"But Ms."

"He got his leg impaled by a huge chunk of wood! He almost died because of me! Do you still think that he's guilty?!"

I saw how the jury looked at me and Alex. "We still need to finish this trial Ms. Cresselia, if you please?"

I nodded and went back to my seat.

It was antagonizing seeing how the jury and judged looked like while Alex was explaining himself. It's like they don't even believe him!