Chapter 39: No Chance

A/N: After two more chapters it will take such a long for me to update again. Why? The drafts I've saved on my USB were deleted due to the USB being formatted so I'm still finding ways to recover all my files, so bear with me :'( Help me please!

Hannie's POV

"What?" I asked weirded out by my boyfriend slash fiancée who's smiling from ear to ear beside me. I just woke up and he suddenly creeps me out.

"I'm just happy.." He smiled shyly while getting up.

I giggled. I got up and head down stairs to make breakfast. I think chocolate chip pancakes would do us good.

I poured the pancake mix on the pan and wait.

"Alam mo ang swerte ko."

I raised a brow. "Why?"

"First, we found each other again, unknowingly of course. Second, you love me back. And third, we're getting married."

"Sa tingin mo we'll work out?"

"I know we will."

I blushed and flipped the pancakes.

~O~

"You know what."

"What?" I took a bite of my pancake and listened.

"You're all of my firsts. First everything."

I chuckled. "Xander ano meron bakit parang ang open mo at and sweet ngayon?"

"Ayaw mo?" Hamon niya.

"No, it's just kind of new to me."

"New to you? Medyo ganito naman ako nung bata pa tayo e. Medyo nga lang. I just changed because of the accident. Now I'm sort of back"

"Well yeah..."

He stood up, walked towards me and stood behind me. I felt his arms snake around my waist, hugging me tightly, his nose nuzzled on my neck.

"Thanks for bringing me back and coming back to me. If fate didn't bring us back together I might still be a woman hating guy." He kissed my hair and hugged me tightly once more. I felt so secure and loved...

I love this man so much!

After breakfast, we prepped ourselves and went to school. We carpooled as promised. As we entered the school I caught death glares and teary eyes from the girls, others congratulated me for renewing Xander.

If they knew we were getting married, I might be dead on the spot.

We held hands as we walked through the corridors. I can't supress my smile anymore. I'm finally in a serious relationship with him. No more games and threats. It's for real this time. And we're getting married in a couple of days.

I still have doubts because everything's going too fast and we might end up broken and shattered like other couples who marry in an instant. Magsasawa kaya siya sa akin? We'll he betray me? Or will I betray him? So many thoughts came into my mind...

"You okay?" He tugged my hand in a gentle way bringing me back to reailty.

"A-ah oo..."

"Don't tell me you're breaking up with me? Wala pa tayong one week Han!"

I softly punched his arm and clung onto it. "Wag OA Xander. You're so paranoid."

"Sorry ah, first time ko e," he snorted.

We sat down by the park where Lia, Snow and the guys were sitting. Becky had early classes so she couldn't join us.

"Why does everyone know about me and Xander?" I asked as I sat down on the grass.

"Who wouldn't? He made a scene in the mall," Lia retored.

"Hindi pa din ako makapaniwala umayos na si Xander. Good thing talaga na engaged kayo!" Eren yawned.

"Ssh wag kayo maingay.." I whispered with a hint of annoyance. I don't want girls coming up to me for a fight because of their beloved prince is getting married.

Minutes passed by and it was time for classes.

"Hatid na kita Han."

"Yie!!" They teased. I rolled my eyes pero kinikilig talaga ako.

He filled the spaces between my fingers and brought me to our classroom.

"I'll pick you up later?"

"Depends, baka may groupwork or something e."

"Sure, see you later Han." He brushed his lips on my forehead leaving my cheeks bright red. Narinig ko ang mga yiee sa likod ko.

"Bye Xander. Aishiteru."

"Huh? Minumura mo ba ako?"

"Look it up." I grinned and quickly went inside the classroom. I sat down beside Alex.

"Kayo na pala?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I answered shyly.

"Sayang din pala paglipat ko..."

"Huh?"

"Nothing... Clinic lang ako."

"U-uh. Sure, ingat Alex."

I suddenly felt.... Guilty but I don't know why.

Alex's POV

The first time I saw her, it was love at first sight. Working with her for the first time was one of the most memorable days in my life.

When I got the chance to take her out and she said yes, damn was I glad! The painful part was when she left early. I thought I could spend more time with her and drop hints that I like her but I wasn't able to. Did she have a boyfriend? Please no. It would hurt me so bad.

This is the first time I felt so... so happy around a girl. I'm inlove.

As soon as I got information about her I asked my parents and manager to fix my papers so I could study at S.U. I told them everything about her. At first they were worried because I could get hurt in the end but I told them I'll manage. They know me, what I want I will do everything to get.

Manager fixed my schedules to be same as hers. I got the chance to mingle with her friends and get to know them. I hope they approve of me.

Days passed and I got busy and lost track of her. I heard news about her ex-boyfriend harassing her. How pissed I was to be face to face with that asshole. He was a jerk no doubt.

I got projects piling up and I had to skip school for a while. Some of my friends tell me about whatever happens to her. Stalkish right?

News was spreading about her being linked to Xander Evo. I already met him, he was a cool guy but I never thought of them being together. The time they went to set, they were like enemies but then I knew there was something up between them, I just ignored the signs for the sake of not getting hurt.

Now I come back to school, rumours about them finally dating and how he courted spread like wildfire. I didn't want to believe it at first, gossip is highly abundant in schools so why bother believing. I thought he was only kidding about courting her. However as soon as I saw them just outside the classroom, how she smiles around him, how her cheeks turn bright red and how he kissed her forehead. That was when I knew the rumours were true.

I felt my heart being stabbed by millions of needles: Slow but painful.

How could I be so slow? I should have courted her as soon as possible! That should've been me making her smile and blush, kissing her and making her happy!

Masyado akong naging torpe. Now I have no chance with her. No chance of being together.