Chapter 35: The Truth

Hannie's POV

"Nie? Wake up dear.." I slowly opened my eyes open upon hearing mom's voice.

"M-ma.."

"She's awake! Finally! Kanina ka pa naming hinihintay! Si Xander kaninang umaga pa gising!" Lia screamed seating with Snow and the  boys.

I smiled and looked at Xander sitting on his bed beside my bed, smiling at me.

"Ano nangyari? We were talking and then everything went black.."

"Nie, Xander.. Sana kayanin niyo ang totoo.." dad whispered.

"Don't tell me we're dying tito?!" kabadong tanong ni Xander, that made us laugh.

"No, iho. Baka kasi mawalan na naman kayo ng malay sa mga sasabihin namin."

We stayed quiet as our parents stood infront of us. I felt a cold breeze in the room and it wasn't from the AC. Kinakabahan ako bigla..

"Nie, anak sorry if I lied to you... We kept secrets from you.. About your sister, the accident and your past.." Mom said apologetically.

Nanlaki mata ko, "Sister?"

"Nikki?" I asked once more.

"Yes..."

"W-where is she?"

"She died the day she saved you and Xander from the accident.."

My sister is dead? Naramdaman ko ang pag-init ng mga mata ko... I hav-had a sister?

Hinawakan ko ang ulo ko na nagsisimula na namang sumakit.

"C-continue p-please.." I pleaded.

"Bata pa lang kayo nila Lia at Snow kilala niyo na sila Xander, Eren, Gio, Dane and Leslie. You were the best of friends the eight of you... But no-one compared to the bond you and Xander had then. Pero isang araw, sa sobrang busy namin sa negosyo iniwan muna namin kayo ni Xander sa yaya niyo na si-si L-Linda... Lia and others were out of town then kaya kayong dalawa ang naiwan..." dad took a deep breath.

"H-hindi n-namin alam na may masama pala siyang balak sa inyo.. She kidnapped the both of you and brought you to Dead Hanger's Cliff and made a ransom. Binigay namin ang pera pero nabigla kami nang sumigaw ka... It wasn't your fault, you were a child. Tinulak ka niya pero nasagip ka ni Xander... P-pero.."

Tito Michael patted dad's back and continued what dad was supposed to say, "Pero tinulak din niya si Xander... Linda was about to shoot Xander pero humarang si Nikki and got shot instead. Hindi namin alam noon na sumunod pala siya sainyo. You and Xander slipped and fell, Nikki followed the both of you, to save you. We were too late when we reached the three of you by the beach.. You and Xander were unconscious while Nikki was... Dead.."

Hindi na tumigil ang pag-agos ng luha ko... I can't believe this.. I lost a sister because of an impulsive move... Nanginig buong katawan ko kasabay ang matinding pananakit ng ulo ko and mabilis na paghinga ko. I glanced at Xander who too was aching.. We were both in pain..

So those dreams weren't nightmares? They were memories?

Urghh ang sakit!

I felt a thousand memories flashing all through at once. They were too many that I couldn't handle.. Memories before the accident, memories that I wasn't able to remember before.. The forgotten memories..

"B-bakit w-wala kaming naalala?" Ipit na tanong ni Xander habang hinihimas ang kanyang ulo.

Lia called the doctor along with Snow.

"Amnesia. You  had localized amnesia while Xander had selective amnesia. You both have no memory of each other and other events; you only had selected memories to remember. And the both of you had no memory of the accident." The doctors came in and checked up on us.

I had to be strong so I could ask more, ayoko nang ipasabukas ito kahit sobra sobra na ang sakit ng ulo ko.

"Why now? Why are the memories coming back all of a sudden?"

"It was never certain when both of your memories would come back Ms. Cresselia.Maybe your memories were triggered from each of your presence"

"Was it fate that brought us back together?"

I heard Xander chuckle painfully, "Ang drama mo pakinggan Han. The point is, matagal na pala tayo magkakakilala and were back together."

"It's so hard to process right now.." I whispered.

"For now, Ms. Cresselia and Mr. Evo you should rest. Kailan niyo magpahinga para makapagisip kayo ng maayos."

The doctors checked more details and left the room leaving a gloomy atmosphere.

"Anak, sorry..." Mom cried.

"M-ma a-ayos lang po. Masakit p-po man tanggapin pero mangyayari't mangayayri din po ito..."

"Xander, okay ka na ba?"

Umiling siya. I glanced at everyone else. They nodded and left the room.

"Xander?"

"Sa totoo lang masaya akong nalaman na matagal na tayo magkakilala. Makes things easier. Masakit lang talaga sa ulo."

"Xander.. Why are you taking this so lightly?!" Medyo nagtaas ng boses ko. Bakit ganito siya? Parang wala lang sakanya ang pagkamatay ni ate!

"Why? Were back together right?"

Hindi manlang niya matandaan si ate?

Now I remember how she would brush my hair before I go out. How she would scold me when I misbehave or when Xander and I fought. How she reads me bedtime stories. How she sleeps with me when I was scared.. She was the glue in our friendship..

Now I miss her... Miss her so bad... She sacrificed herself for us.. I never even thanked her..

I felt a warm embrace as tears ran down my eyes again. His hug was so warm and comforting. He didn't speak, instead his hugs became tighter the more I cried.

"I'm sorry... Si ate Nikki..." He whispered.

"P-patay n-na s-siya Xander..."

"Shhh... Now we know the truth."

Xander's POV

Now I know why her presence seems so familiar. Matagal na kami magkakilala at hindi namin 'yon alam.

Now I remembered whose laugh I always remembered... Her angelic laugh that would always make me smile.. It was Hannie's.

Masakit sa ulo lahat ng nalaman ko pero masaya ako dahil sa wakas nalinawaan na ako sa mga dahilan ng panaginip ko at mga kakaibang pakiramdam.

Now that we're back together, hinding hindi ako papayag na magkahiwalay muli kami.