Chapter 7| Stay Here?

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

I was starting to calm down now. When Zack told me that we could get my mom's soul back, my own soul was lifted. I thanked him as I was about to leave, but he stopped me in the doorway and said, " Wait... I was wondering... well, since you have no one to stay with... maybe... would you... would you like to stay here... well, until we find a solution for all this?" He was stopping in the middle of his sentences and I realized he was slightly blushing.

" Sure. I wouldn't want to stay alone at home." I was smiling at him and he stopped blushing, smiling back at me.

" You can stay in the room next to mine, come on, I'll show you." He said to me and he led me to the next room. The bed was huge! It looked so comforting, especially after such a hard day.

" Whose room is this?" I asked. As soon as I said that, Zack's eyes started to water.

" Did I say something?" I asked in a worried voice.

" No, no. It's just... It is... was my parents' room." He was tearing up even more now.

" Was your parents' room? What do you mean, was your parents room?" I asked.

He looked at me with sad eyes then said, " The... the Chasers... killed them." He had tears running down his face.

" Oh..." I felt so sorry for him, " I'm so sorry..." I slowly leaned forward and hugged him, and he hugged me back. When I let go he looked slightly happier, I was too.

" Thanks for letting me stay. I need to go get my stuff." I say happily. He smiled and said goodbye, then I walked out of the room and ran down the staircase. When I got to the bottom, I ran for the door and before I knew it, I had walked out of the house.

As I walked to my house, I was feeling really happy. I wasn't going to stay home alone! I turned the corner, and started to think how Lara would take it in. " Oh, you're staying? No! Zack, why do you have to be so nice!" she'd say. I laughed at the thought of this.

When I reached my house, I ran in, packed my things, and ran back out. When I got back to Zack's house, I knocked on the door, and Lara opened. "Oh. It's you again..." she said dully and walked away. I ran for the staircase and climbed up to the second floor. The room I was staying in was big and had a huge wardrobe. I folded all my clothes neatly and put them in, and then I took out my personal belongings and put them on the bedside table.

When I was done, it was really late, so I went to Zack's room. He was lying down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling. " You ok?" I asked. He looked over to me and said, " Yeah, I'm ok. You should get some rest." I merely looked at him for a second, and then said, " Ok, bye then." I smiled at him and left. As soon as I got into bed, I started to feel sleepy. And before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I have spent so long writing this because I had no ideas. Sorry! Thanks for reading and comment: What do you think will happen next chapter?