Chapter 48| That Spot's Reserved For People Who Steal My Nutella

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

" And while many Supernaturals with the Unknown element are targeted by Chasers, only the ones who are known to become great things will truly have problems. Thank you." Everyone picks up their belongings and files out of the small classroom. It would be bigger, but, well, there are only six Unknown Supernaturals; Melissa, Isaac (who teaches), two which I have never spoken to, me, and... William. If you still can't tell, he's really not in a good spot on my Radar.

My 'best friend' to 'go to hell' Radar. That's my scale.

Right now, he's on the Hit List.

No joke.

You may think I'm overreacting, but think of it this way: he's literally lying to my face, it shows; He purposely never mentioned it, in any way, on no occasion. It's not very nice, you know.

I run out, not sparing a glance at anyone.

I'm going through some major shit.

~Ariella's P.O.V.~

I pull at Evan's hand.

" I can feel it, she won't say what's on her mind. She's so troubled, Evan. Please help." I plead with him. He gives me a sad look before obliging, letting me take him through the corridors to the person in question.

Kayla sits on her bed, staring aimlessly at the empty, cream-colored wall. She looks up when she hears us come in, and I can tell she hasn't slept for at least one night. She has dark bags under her eyes, her hair disheveled, her demeanor fatigued. Yup, I was right. She needs help... Don't look at me; she's the one who looks like Voldemort when he realizes he's dying...

That was a killer Harry Potter reference! Well--!

Ahem-hem, back to the freaking subject!

Her movement is delayed as she stands up, cocking her head.

" What're you doing here?"

I shake my head, " It was Cole and William, wasn't it?" Before she can answer, the words I didn't even know were true came tumbling out of my mouth like they were recorded.

" I know you're mad at Cole, but what did Will do? Did he steal your Percy Jackson books? Did he kill your fish? Ooooh, ooh, did he eat your Nutella?" I say quickly, looking up to find Evan and Kayla staring at me like I'd grown two heads.

Evan snort-laughs, trying to hide his chuckle. " Did I ever tell you that you're weird?"

I giggle, shaking my head, " Only twice every day for the past thirteen years, Peaches." He scrunches his nose.

" Peaches?"

" Yes Evan, Peaches."

" Well then."

" Wait, wait, wait, back to the subject. How did you know that?" Kayla asks.

I shrug simply.

" I have no idea."

" Ok." Kayla says nonchalantly, looking at your hands.

" We're here for you, honey." Evan smirks and pulls her into a hug and I join soon enough.

" Yup, I know."

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

Feeling empty, I watch as they walk out, and collapse on my bed, putting my head in my hands.

Why is life so complicated?

My phone starts to ring, interrupting my silence. It's... William.

" I told you not to--"

" Kay, this is important."

I stay quiet.

" They're moving Cole to the hospital."

" What? Why?"

I hear him huff on the other side, " He isn't showing signs of improvement, so they're saying there's a risk of heart failure; after all his body's been through, they think there may be a problem. No need to worry though, they'll put him on Medication and connect him to an IV with the proper Nutrients, no need to worry. He'll be perfectly fine if we get him help now."

I relax when he says the last part, but it quickly leaves me. " Wait, how will you explain his condition to the human nurses?"

I can almost hear him smile. " They've got a few Supernaturals there in secret, sweetheart." He says like I'm a baby.

" Shut up, I'm still mad."

" Kayla, I did nothing, please!"

I give it a long moment. "...Fine. But if you do something like this again, it's onto the Hit List again."

" Thank you--! Wait, Hit List?"

" You were on my Hit List."

He chuckles. " Wow, dramatic much?"

" I'm not dramatic; be thankful that I didn't put you on the mental torture list; now, that spot's reserved for people who steal my Nutella."

His laugh is genuine, and it's like music to my ears.

" Got to go, love. Bye."

" Bye teddy bear." I smile as I say his new nickname and end the call.

I'm happy that's cleared out.

But I'm still extremely mad at Cole.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a chapter I'm proud of, even though it's short!

VOTEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Lena