Chapter 23| Whatever You Say, Goldie

Hello guys!

I'm so happy we made it to 300 reads!

Anyways, I literally cried last chapter because of my own writing. I was so sad.

Well, onto the chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

Darkness.

It's an extraordinary thing. No thoughts, no sorrow, no problems. Just black. I've always felt comfortable in it. I can't rely on it, though. My whole life I felt I'd be happier if I was just swallowed by it and stayed there forever. But just like everything else, darkness doesn't last forever.

I felt Zack's fingers intertwine slowly with mine, and he held both my hands tightly. He helped me up, supporting me, and I stood up, still sobbing. My head hung low as everything rushed through my brain. My mother, she was gone... forever.

Zack's grip on my hands tightened and I let it all out. All the emotion I felt. His arms wrapped around me and he buried his face in my shoulder. I cried into his chest, not exactly knowing what to do. I felt him let go of one of my hands and stroke my hair, whispering soothing words in my ear.

I finally started to calm down, my whimpers slightly quieter than before. I took a few deep breaths before opening my eyes. Over Zack's shoulder, I could see William still re-reading the texts sent to me, trying to get it to make sense. His eyes were watering, and a grimacing Caleb stood a foot away with his hand on William's shoulder. A longer way down the corridor stood Cole, his face tear streaked, and Isla was standing in front of him, gently wiping his tears away with the tips of her fingers, and he weakly smiled down at her. What a mess.

I suddenly felt that I looked weak to be doing this, and I slowly pulled away from Zack's embrace, sliding my hands away from his shoulders and resting them on his chest, looking down.

" I want to go." I said, my voice reduced to a mere whisper.

Zack gently grabbed my chin and lifted it locking eyes with me. " Its ok, baby." He said before gently pushing a strand of hair out of my face.

I gave him my best glare, not really liking this new nickname. " I am not a baby. And stop with the nicknames, I have my own name you know."

He let go of my chin and slung an arm around my shoulders with a smile. " Whatever you say, Goldie." And with that, I slapped his arm. Hard.

And that shut him up.

The ride back was quiet. A few more tears made their way to my eyes, but I quickly brushed them off. Can it really be? I mean, with what was proven to me in the past week, I would believe it. A mere few sentences from some random teenager, who I now know as Zack, turned out to have whole world behind it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the car came to an abrupt stop and I saw a familiar building. I hopped out on to the grounds of Supernatural Abilities.

We walked in to find the hallways full of people. I weaved my way through the crowd, when I felt someone's shoulder bump into mine, and I stumbled onto my injured, just stitched leg. A sharp pain spread through my upper thigh, and I winced, grabbing the closest thing to me to avoid falling.

I looked up to see Zack glaring openly at someone over my shoulder. I looked over to see... wait, what was her name again?

~Zack's P.O.V.~

I looked over at Kayla just as I saw a familiar red headed, green-eyed girl knock into her shoulder. Kayla nearly falls, but grabs my shoulder for support. I look up and glare at her. What the hell?

Ok, I know she doesn't like Kayla, but this isn't the solution. She shouldn't purposefully knock into people she doesn't particularly like. I mean, maybe she doesn't know that she was in the hospital, but even so, it's not too nice of her to do that.

" Melissa!" I shout at her, and she freezes and slowly turns around, a sheepish smile on her face.

" Hey Zack." She says as she walks towards me, clearly nervous.

" What was that?"

"What was what?"

I scoffed. " Don't play dumb with me, why did you just do that?"

Her shoulders slumped. " You know why." Was her quiet response.

This made my anger worse. " Ok, you showed Kayla the worst day in her life, she was already injured, and all she did was stop your ability, ok? Get it through your head that she's my friend, so if you're going to act this way towards her, you might as well go." I frowned at her, and she looked down.

" And--"

I stopped when I felt a hand on my arm, and looked down to see Kayla giving me a pleading look, telling me to stop. I looked away, and then quickly looked back at Melissa, my oh-so-thoughtful friend.

Please note the sarcasm.

" Just know that you can't be doing that to anyone who stands in your way. And Kayla is no exception." I emphasized the last two words, glaring openly at her, even though she was my best friend.

I was about to turn away, when Melissa talked once more.

" Kayla?" Kayla turned around and faced her, letting go of my shoulder, and cocking her head questioningly.

" What?"

Melissa hesitated before looking her right in the eye, and did something I never thought she'd do.

She hugged Kayla.

Melissa quickly pulled away and whispered, " I'm so sorry." And Kayla gave her a small smile, indicating she accepted her apology, and Melissa returned it before walking away.

Kayla grabbed my hand and walked down the hall with me. She smiled widely and hugged me, then walked into her room.

This has been a weird day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chap!

Aw, Melissa apologized!!!!!

I'll update soon, everyone!