Chapter 12| Really Smart

Hey readers!

I have made a new chapter as you can probably see ( obviously, you're not that dumb...). This chapter really shows a start to the more exciting part of the story... Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
~Kayla's P.O.V.~

" Kayla Prior, please report to the principal's office." Those words really surprised me (what did I do this time?), but ignoring that, I got up and walked out of the classroom and downstairs to the principal's office. Daniel must have told her some crap to get me in trouble. Really smart, Daniel, really smart.

When I got to the door, I knocked and walked in. The principal, whose name was Sara Jones, was looking up at me with a disgusted, disappointed look on her face, and Daniel was wearing that smirk that always made me feel like punching him. " Ms. Prior, please sit down." She said in a stern tone.

As soon as I sat I spoke urgently, " Principal Jones, I..." But she held up her hand, indicating that I should stop talking. Well, looks like someone's having a bad day.

" Ms. Prior, Daniel here has told me that the fight reported by the new student, Zack, was your fault, and I brought you here so we can call in and check if what Daniel says is true. Now it would be a real embarrassment if that was true, and if it is, you will be suspended for a week, and don't get mad at that, because I should expel whoever did this. Mr. Bennett, the same goes for you, but you get two weeks because if you lied, it wouldn't be very good, would it?" I saw an expression of fear spread across Daniel's face, but he quickly masked it. Remember when I said that Daniel would learn his lesson? Guess what, I waited less than expected.

" Hello? Could we please talk to Zack?" my stomach tightened at the sound of his name, and a picture of his bruised face flashed across my mind, making me feel empty. The principal put the phone on loudspeaker.

" Zack? Hi, I just wanted to ask you a question." She said.

" Yeah, sure." His deep voice said, making my heart warm up again.

" Did Kayla Prior start that fight in the hallway?" She asked, eying Daniel with a concerned look on her face.

" Um, no, Principal Jones... It... it was me." And now he was taking the blame? Why did it all have to be on him?

" Really? And why did you do that?" She replied in a shocked tone.

" I... I was protecting Kayla, Principal. There was a boy who was insulting her family." Oh my god, it felt amazing to know he was doing it for me.

" Well then, Daniel, suspension. And you got your revenge on wrong doing, Zack, its only fair." And before Daniel could say anything, she said firmly, " You can go."

He got up, but then Zack's voice showed up again, " Actually, speaking of which, can I talk to Kayla?" I felt myself blush, and I looked down, smiling. She handed the phone to me as Daniel left.

" I need to go" she said plainly, and left.

" Hey." I said softly.

" Hey." He replied in an even softer tone.

" Are you ok now?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

" Stop worrying, its ok, I'm ok. Though, it does make me feel important for once, that you asked me." I felt bad for him.

" So, when are you coming back?" I asked.

" I have to stay here 'till the end of the day..." No! Why, why, why? " But when school is done, you come to me, and we can go." I can live with that. I heard the school bell ring.

" Ok, I need to go, I'll see you at the end of the day." He remained quiet for a second, and then spoke up, " Ok, I'll see you... But I'll really miss you... Bye." He stopped the call.

He misses me? Ok...? Already? I took out my phone and texted him.

I'll miss you too, you jerk.

I felt a bit awkward saying that, but it was what I felt really strongly and I had wanted to say it for some time now. And all I know is it'll only make things better between us... and that's something that I hope will happen.