Chapter 26| I'm Kristina

And the stickiness continues!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~Isaac's P.O.V.~

" Who are you?"

Excuse me, but who are you? I just happen to be this girl's best friend, so do you mind?

" Are you going to answer me?"

I look up to see the dirty blonde-haired boy giving me a glare, and if looks could kill, I'd be on the floor lifeless.

" I could ask you the same thing." I gave a cold stare and pulled Kayla closer.

" Oh, I don't know, maybe I'm one of Kayla's best friends." Excuse me?

" Well, I happen to be her best friend, so run along, Blondie, and find a life on the way."

" If I'm not mistaken, I'm quite alive."

" Ugh, stop it! Both of you!"

I look down at the girl in my arms and realize Kayla had finally spoken.

" Uh..."

" Don't 'uh' me. You guys are both my best friends, so no fighting. You both mean a lot to me. You would've realized that if you'd stopped talking. I'm sure what you have to say can wait until you're smarter."

Well that was the burn of the day.

" Isaac, this is Zack. Zack, this is Isaac. Wow, I just realized how similar your names are." Huh.

" Now I'm going to bed, so deal with it." Kayla was about to pull out of my grip, but I pulled her in and hugged her again.

" Please be ok. And tell me what's happening tomorrow morning." I whispered, and she tensed. I let go of her and she walked down the hall without another word.

And that's how I found myself alone with this guy. Wait, what was his name again?

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

I ran down the hallways, dreading that I'd have to talk about what happened with Isaac. I was probably going to break down.

I suddenly realized I was in front of my room, and pulled the key out of my pocket, opening the door. As I walked in I saw something that made me frown and a sudden feeling of grief filled me.

There sat Isla, her eyes red and puffy, tears lining her face. Next to her, with his arm around her shoulder, was Caleb, his eyes filled with tears. On my bed, Will sat there looking as if he just saw someone die and was crying. What happened here?

They all looked up at me, and I spoke my thoughts.

" What's happening?"

" Kayla... I told them..." Will didn't need to continue because I already knew he told them about our past.

Just thinking about everything that's happened made a new batch of tears well up in my eyes. Why? Why did it have to be us? Why me?

Isla burst into tears, and abruptly got up, running to me and hugging me tightly. I hugged back, and let a few tears slip.

" I'm s-so sorry... I c-can't believe you had t-to go through a-all that. N-no one should g-go through that." She quietly stuttered.

" The things that happened to us... Well, they happened Isla. I'll find a way to get over it..." Then I muttered, " ...Someday."

She pulled away, giving me a weak smile and I quickly shooed Caleb and Will out of the room before quickly changing into comfortable clothes and sitting in bed. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was really late.

2:37 AM, it read.

I tucked my legs in bed and looked at the ceiling, thinking about today. I hope my brothers will somehow forgive me for being ignorant for all those years... Even if I was brainwashed, it wasn't that much of an excuse. I felt my vision blur with darkness until I was swallowed by sleep.

~Will's P.O.V.~

I wake up feeling horrible.

I'm never going to be able to get over my mother's death.

I look to my side to see my roommate gone, probably off to training, and I reluctantly get up.

Time to get dressed.

I come out in a black tank top and knee long loose shorts. I hate the tank tops here. They're so thin, you can practically see my abs, and I don't have time for all the girls that drool over me.

Listen, I'm not good looking, ok?

I run a hand through my hair and look at my reflection in the mirror. I see the silver pools that are my eyes staring back at me, and I smile. Time to get going.

I run down the corridors, and finally find Kayla's room. I knock and a few seconds later she opens the door. I can see exhaust etched all over her face, but nevertheless, she's dressed in a black tank top and shorts. Today's training is Elementally divided. Each element has its own training, so we get to dress in black, which symbolizes being an Unknown.

We walk through the corridors, getting to the six doors that are colored according to Ability. I immediately spot the black door and grab Kayla's hand, walking towards it. That's when I remember. She hasn't met her trainer yet... Well no one has... This should be fun.

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

We walk through the black door to find we're the last here. Everyone freezes and looks up. Most of them smile at me, and I smile back. Each person is with a trainer, but I can't see who's going to be training me. Ok...?

" You're trainer will probably be here in a few minutes." Will said quietly as he walked over to a girl who looked as old as him. She smiled as he slung an arm around her shoulders and they mad their way to the corner to start their training... I think.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door.

" Come in!" Someone said from somewhere in the room.

The door opened quietly, and a girl walked in. The first thing I noticed was how pretty she was. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Will staring at her.

She had brown eyes and long dark hair. And she was definitely one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Dressed in a jacket and black shorts, she had visible curves, and a well built body. She looked quite strong.

As soon as she spotted me, a smile made its way onto her face, showing off her perfect pearly white teeth. The girl walked over to me, extending a hand.

" Hi, I'm Kristina."

" Kayla." I smiled and shook her hand. She pulled off her jacket, and she was wearing a tight black tank top underneath.

" Ok, I'll be your trainer from now on. First thing we're going to do is try to find out your Ability. So--"

" Hey." I didn't recognize the voice, and a boy came forward.

He put a hand on Kristina's shoulder, and that's when she kicked his shin, hard enough that his knees buckled. She turned him around mid-fall and twisted his arm at an irregular angle as he winced. Wow.

" Don't even try." She said before letting him go.

I like her already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how was it?

Comment, Vote, and read more!

See ya!

-Lena