Chapter 31| I Feel Like An Artichoke

~Isla's P.O.V.~

Where has he run off to now?

I call Zack's name as I try push through the crowd of people gathered... Key word being try.

After many unsuccessful attempts to squeeze my tiny body through all the chattering morons, I give up. Now calling Caleb's name instead, I see a familiar mop of brown hair in the crowd. I race over, and after minutes of pushing through many people, I finally get to Caleb.

" Have you seen Zack?"

" No, why?"

I look around. " I don't know... I have an eerie feeling that something isn't right." I tap my two fingers against my palm, one of the many things I do when I feel there's some sort of bad energy lurking somewhere.

And all too quickly, my suspicions are answered when a scream echoes through the corridors, silencing the crowd as everyone freezes in horror.

The scream is followed by a loud sob, and a girl starts to yell.

" Make it stop! IT'S KILLING ME!"

There's a deafening silence, and whimpers are heard. Then the shouting starts again.

" It hurts! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!"

Then a boy speaks up. " I don't know! Just stay still!" Now that voice was unmistakably Zack's. He needs help.

I sprint, pushing though the terrified crowd, and follow the continuous screams and sobs, until I come across an empty room. Pushing the door open, I come face to face with a horrifying sight.

Zack is on the floor with Kayla, her face in his hand as he whispers gently to her, their foreheads touching. Kayla is softly crying and shaking her head, obviously in pain, and I stare at her blood-covered head, my mouth wide open.

When I give a quick glance at Zack to see he's tearing up. It must have a really bad effect on him, seeing Kayla like this. He rubs his thumbs over her cheekbones, wiping away her tears.

" I'll be right back."

Even though Kayla desperately reaches out for him, not wanting him to leave, he lets go of her and gets up. Once he turns around and spots me, his lip trembles and he gives me a pleading look.

" Help."

~Kristina's P.O.V.~

The screaming has stopped, but I still feel scared. I'm not used to this sort of stuff. Just as I'm about to ask around when a Mind runs past, looking frantic.

I grab her shoulder, pulling her back and looking her in the eyes sternly.

" What's happening?"

She looks reluctant for a second before answering, " Room 375." And without another word she dashes off, and without a second thought, I sprint off to room 375, a room I know to be vacant.

I run in to see Kayla on the floor, blood-covered, and rocking back and forth, and a blonde guy was next to her, trying to calm her down when she suddenly started to scream.

" STOP! MAKE IT STOP!"

Ok, what the actual hell is going on here?

~Isla's P.O.V.~

I ran around the corner, knowing I was close to my destination, when I ran into a wall.

Wait... Since when do walls feel warm and have so many muscles? Ok, my assumption is, that wasn't a wall.

I look up to see Caleb frowning at me.

" Got to go!" I tried to make a dash for it, but I was unfortunately blocked.

He gives me a look, " Ok, now I feel like an Artichoke."

I give him a look of disgust. I hate Artichokes. " What?"

" You know, because I hate artichokes, so I neglect them when they're on the table, being served, so... get it?" Oh.

" Yeah."

" Can you tell me now?"

" Later, I promise." I smile, and this time I'm able to dodge him, running off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Where she going??????

Idk, you'll find out!

See ya, ma Shorties!

- Lena