Chapter 11| SCHOOL!

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

A grave stood in front of the desperate man. Staring down, he kept thinking of her like she was engraved in his brain. I was so focused on the screen, and my whole body was still. Even my hand that was in midair, which was meant to be putting the piece of popcorn held in my hand into my mouth, was frozen. My mouth was slightly open in concentration. And whenever I looked over at Zack, I saw he was in the same state as I was in, except without the popcorn.

Zack and I were so down, we decided to watch a movie on a television that got you so engaged in the events of the story (because it was as enhanced as my ability to eat endlessly). We both agreed on 'The Amazing Spiderman 2', and honestly I don't regret the decision.

When I got to bed in the huge room I was sleeping in, I found lots of cool stuff, like an Ipad like device controlling lights, AC, television, and automatic doors. There was a massage chair, a huge TV, a really great speaker, and, of course, a hot tub in the bathroom. It was huge, the shower alone I could fit my whole class in, and 10 B was a big class. And the bed was so comfortable that I sank into the pillow and the mattress as soon as I lay down. I was so happy when I fell asleep.

I woke up at 7 AM. It was odd, because I was so comfortable and deeply asleep, and I woke up so early. Then it struck me.

SCHOOL!

I bolted and got dressed as fast as I could, my turquoise dress barley covering my knees. I ran down the stairs so quickly and ran to the huge kitchen. You'd better get used to the word huge, because frankly, the house was a huge everything.

~Zack's P.O.V.~

She ran into the kitchen, her hair free, her dress flowing, and her... just perfect. First thing she said was, " We gotta go... two day rule, remember?" We had this crazy rule that if you were absent for more than two days in a row without being sick or travelling, suspended. Crazy, right?

We got to school, and Kayla gave me a half hug, with one arm around my neck, leaving me smiling widely, and we parted ways.

As soon as I entered school I remembered. I opened my bag and took out my very, very fake glasses. Yay, now you know. At school, I try to be the definition of the word nerd. I need to stay on the down low so as not to draw attention to myself. I'm bullied a lot when I come on these small shifts to get other Supernaturals, but when I'm at Supernatural Abilities, I just take my glasses off, add a beanie, and I can finally call myself normal.

I walked in, glasses on, to think of this new year where I am at a new school, and how everything would be amazing, even though I'd only be here for, like, a week. And that's when I suddenly got shoved into the lockers, hard, knocking my (again) fake glasses off. Yup, new year (more like week), here I come. Yay.

I got up and walked off quickly. I had to just brush it off. This had happened so many times; just another one time wouldn't hurt. And another. And another. And another...

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

The first day is going great... so far. Everyone is back and happy to see me. Our first day on Monday was a bust, no one was really here and I got into a little fuss with Lena...

This glue is killing. This week on Monday, one of the way too popular girls asked me to try on fake eyelashes, and I didn't have any idea how to, so now I have a thin layer of glue over both my eyes and the world was a happy blur of colors since I met Zack.

I finally managed to get it out, so I can see well now! " Hey, you ok?" I asked Zack, who had a glum look on his face.

" Oh... yeah." He replied, and that's when I realized; I really did miss out on a lot.