Chapter 18| Mr. Lancaster

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

We pulled up next to the gate that had a single kiosk, which held a bored looking teenager fumbling around with some sort of videogame. Zack cleared his throat, and the boy immediately perked up.

" Oh! Hi Zack." He fumbled around a bit more before the gates opened. " We weren't expecting you for another day, so I'll make sure to let Darien know that you're here."

" Thanks." And with that, we pulled up into an empty parking space after entering through the gates. We got out and I took a moment to marvel at the place. There were people all around, talking and laughing, and just spending their time in each other's company.

" Lenses. Off. Now."

" Huh?"

Zack rolled his eyes before looking back at me. " You promised to show me what's under those lenses, so come on." Oh.

" Sorry, but I think... I'll show the leader first. Alexandra Darien, right?"

He glared at me with a slick smile, before looking away and starting to walk towards the buildings as I followed.

" Ok, so this place is a lot like high school. Here you're new, so expect people to stare, we don't get a lot of newbies around here."

And sure enough, when I started to pass through the crowd, people stopped and stared, with an occasional whisper or two. I felt sort of uncomfortable, but I was used to it.

We got into the building, which was quite big, and Zack headed straight down the corridor to the end, where a door stood. He knocked once before entering, and I could feel my nerves grow.

In there was a large desk, where a blonde woman with grey eyes sat, staring at a computer screen. She looked a few years older than me, about 25 or something. As soon as we entered, her serious look turned bright. She stood up.

" Hello, its so nice to meet you!" She held out a hand.

" Likewise." I said with a smile and shook her hand.

" So, welcome to supernatural abilities, the place where you'll train... and I won't bore you with the rest of the information because that's Zack's job." She smiled at him.

" I see you ran into a little trouble along the way..." she said, staring at me intently.

" How did you--?" But they both started to laugh.

" I'm a Mind, dear. I can read your thoughts." She chuckled.

" Right..." I said, not liking the idea of another rummaging through my head.

I thought for a while. I had to tell them. Both. But I wanted to talk to Darien first.

" Would you mind excusing us for a minute, Zack?" She asked, and he got up and left, Again with the mind reading!

" What is it you want to tell me about?" She turned to me.

" I, uh... What's my ability?" I asked.

" Well, to tell you the truth, I don't know. You seem like a water to me, the eyes--"

" But I have some sort of telekinesis, and I can slow down time..." She looked at me with a confused expression.

" You're not a Mind, you're eyes would be grey."

" The thing is... this isn't my real eye color."

" What?"

I finally looked up at her. " These are lenses. My eyes are... well, I'll show you, but promise not to be scared." She nodded.