Chapter 39| Act Natural

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

" So you still have no idea what your ability is?"

He gives me sheepish smile. " Well, I use to attend something like this when I was younger, and as you must know, some Unknown Supernaturals are Immortal--"

" WHAT?!"

" Calm down--"

" Why did I not know that?!"

He looks at me intensely. " I don't know, but some are."

I frown, " Well, that's convenient."

" It is."

" Sarcasm."

He chuckles, " It's quite convenient, but the thing is I've lived for a long time, and I have figured my abilities out, but not my main one; like Melissa's a Time Turner, I don't know what I am in that context. I still look like I'm in my early twenties, though."

" How old are you?"

" Sixty two."

I give him a perplexed look. " Seriously?"

" Yup."

" Whoa." Melissa was the first who had spoken up out of all of them since this conversation started.

We are currently in Darien's office discussing... everything.

I felt a slight discomfort in my head and bones, my joints screaming in protest whenever I made the slightest movement. But that's normal every now and then...

Right?

I look up at Darien, then at the clock on the wall.

6:23 PM.

I looked back at Darien. " Do you mind if we talk about this in the morning? We've all had a long day."

She was about to protest, but nodded anyways. We all shot up, eager to get away.

" They're all in our room." Darien told me before I left.

A few minutes later, we were all in front of the room, and neither Damon nor Ariella wanted to go inside; they were 'nervous'. I just gave up and pulled Melissa inside facing the awestruck faces of our friends. I smiled sheepishly, and then in a split second, I peeked my head through the door.

" Come on." I hissed at both of them.

" No" they said in unison.

I sighed, forcefully pulling them in.

The whole room froze, and Cole didn't hesitate to get up and hug the life out of Damon almost instantly. How come he recognized him first time?

Will was next; he too joined the reunion. Everyone looked at me questioningly, and I just looked at Ariella.

She stared back for a few seconds before pulling me out of the room and into the hallway.

" What--?"

" Kayla, it's happening again."

" What is?"

Her frantic face goes wide-eyed. " Catherine wants out." She takes a deep breath. " And if she tries me, it'll trigger Anastasia."

It took a few seconds for what she said to sink in, but when it did, I felt all the air leave my lungs. This can't happen now. During a reunion...

Where everyone's supposed to be happy, not trying to stay alive, for god's sake!

" Ariella, we need to act natural. If it get's bad, you need to tell me, and we can find a way out."

She nods slowly, and we both make our way towards the door of my room. As soon as we're in, we hear the talking and laughing die down, and Evan quickly gets up to embrace his younger sister, but Ariella has different ideas.

As soon as he reaches her, she flinches back in fear, and he stops, slowly stepping back with a sad look on his face. Everyone eyes Evan suspiciously, but I know better. The fear in Ariella's eyes tells me she's afraid to hurt someone. It gives away—

My head gives a sudden strong pound, interrupting my thoughts. I look at Ariella frantically, and we share the look for what seems like minutes. I can't even focus enough to find the door, and frankly I don't plan on it. Evan sits down on the bed, his head bowed. He's mad at himself. Poor thing.

I pull Ariella onto my bed as the talking slowly resumes, and thankfully no one's realized anything is going on. Let's hope it stays that way.

~Anonymous P.O.V.~

I watch as the two girls walk over to the bed, sitting on it. By the way everyone is communicating normally, I can see I'm the only one who realizes something is wrong. Both girls seem to be in distress, and I know why.

As long as I'm here, they'll never be able to stop it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BLAAAAAAAAA PLEAZE
DON'T HATE ME, LUVS!

Go follow and tag _Levisexual_
...NOW!
I've had Writer's Block for a while, so ya... LIKE OR NO?

-Lena