Chapter 14| To Avoid Being Held At Gun-Point, Internally Bake The Guy!

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

I woke up feeling weak, and I had to use up all my energy just looked at the clock next to me to check the time and date. 5:00 PM, Saturday. Yay, I missed another day of school. I got out of bed when a burning pain coursed through me. I winced, but I had to go and ask Zack what had happened. I walked downstairs with difficulty, feeling dizzy, and went into the kitchen.

Zack was sitting there facing the wall, but looked up when he heard me come in. He rushed over towards me with a half smile on his face. " Hey... Are you feeling ok?" He asked, tilting his head and holding both my hands to make sure I was supported. I didn't answer, but I let go of his hands and wrapped my arms around his neck and resting my head on his chest, and it felt good when he hugged me back. Finally, some sort of family, even if not literally.

" Why are you doing this? No one's ever liked me, and now you of all people, are doing this?" He said in a quiet tone.

" I guess I just felt like it..." I mumbled into his chest, my eyes closed, and that is when I felt his grip around my waist tighten.

" So, what happened yesterday?" I asked him after a moment of awkward silence.

" Oh, I need to talk to you about that..." He replied, sitting down and pulling a chair towards him so I could as well.

I sat down, and he started talking, " So, I've been working it all out, and turns out, it's sort of a link... I mean, I have no idea what we're supposed to do about it, but I know it has something to do with your ability... It could be an awakening of some sort..." He trailed off. My vision suddenly darkened and my muscles stiffened, when the faces of two boys that seemed familiar to my memory floated into my line of sight. What...?

My vision came back.

" Huh?" I was confused. " So, you mean..." it was my turn to trail off. Wait... is he trying to act smart...? I rolled my eyes at him, " Shut up, I'm not joking. I actually think I might need this in the future." With sarcasm still spilling from my lips, I thought to myself for a moment then I muttered to myself, " I've seen him before, no both of them..."

He put his hand over his chest and made himself look fake offended, " So, you're saying you love someone more then me?" He said sarcastically.

" Oh, 'cause I so can't resist you." I rolled my eyes again.

" Oh... I know that..." He said with a smile starting to appear on his face. I opened my mouth to punch him with the words he deserved, when Vanessa entered the kitchen.

" Hey Zack, did...? Oh... did I interrupt something?" She said in a strange tone. Zack opened his mouth to answer, but I beat him to it.

" Uh... no, it's ok."

She gave me a suspicious look then said, " Cassie is arriving in a minute, and she's been at her grandma's house for a while. Oh, and by the way, since you don't know, she's our daughter." And she left. They have a daughter?

" You just can't shut up, can you?" Zack said as soon as Vanessa was gone.

" You can't make me." I said, a slight smirk rising across my face.

" There's no doubting that." He said, bringing his face closer to mine with a playful glare.

" Huh?" I'm confused.

" You know--"

The doorbell rang, and Zack got up, " Sometimes you're just so adorable." And with that, he left the kitchen. It's just me hallucinating about this day getting weirder by the second, right?