Greenlight

LOU'S POV:

"It's taking me over, I don't wanna play this game no more

All you gotta do is tell me right now, you want me right now, come on

Give me the greenlight, we could have all night

If you just say the word, tell me it's alright, give me the greenlight"

I open my eyes and squint in the harsh sunlight coming from the window of my bedroom. Yawning, I reach for my phone and check the time. It's 2pm and I just woke up. Oh well. That's what holidays are for. Sitting up, I stretch and wonder what I'm going to do today. I've spent the last week in LA making the apartment ready for when I'm moving in (in a few months), and this is my last day before flying back to France, where I still live with my parents.

I don't feel like getting up just yet, so I go on YouTube to check the number of views on my last video (yes, I'm a dork that way). I smile goofily at the screen. I posted it two days ago and there are already 1k views! Okay, it might not be enormous, but I started my channel a little over a year ago and it's not like I'm that great at singing, so I'd consider it an achievement to even have two views. I quickly scroll through the comments, which go from 'Omg your voice is amazingg and ur sooo pretty <3' to 'Do u call that playing guitar?! ur voice is a fuckin disaster'.

Oh well, haters gonna hate. Comments like that are actually pretty ironic since the name of my youtube channel is GoAwayPeasant. Okay I'm not funny.

Anyway, I finally decide to get up and pick out my clothes as I check my Twitter, which I basically only use to stalk bandmembers. No one's posted anything special, except Jack from All Time Low who's just being his usual hilarious and stupid self. I shrug on a pair of skinny jeans and the DropDead 'Join Us' tank top, pulling my dark red curls in a ponytail. My phone lets out a small sound as a new tweet comes in. I look at it and freeze. Oh my god. It's a picture of all of 5SOS in LA. I had no idea they were here. The tweet simply says that they're stopping here for the day, and then leaving for the European leg of their tour tomorrow (yes of course I have tickets for the show in Paris). I breathe and try to channel my inner fangirl, but it's no use. I'm in the fucking same city as them! Of course they probably won't leave their hotel and I'm not enough of a creep to stay outside of it and stare at the windows, but still.

Just then, New Americana by Halsey starts playing as my phone rings. I pick it up, recognizing my dad's number.

"Hello? Louisiana?"

I sigh. Don't get me started on my name. Normally I make everyone else call me Louise or Lou, but he insists on using my full name. I hate it. It's not my fault my dad has family in Louisiana and has thus insisted I be called that, or that my mom thought it was a very awesome idea. But still I'm the one stuck with that horrible name.

"Yeah?"

"Hi honey, how are you?"

"Hey dad, I'm great! How are you guys?"

"We're good. How's the apartment?"

"It's amazing," I gush. "I love it so much! And it's really close to this awesome music store! Well, I haven't really checked it out yet, but it looks awesome. I'm probably gonna go today," I add as an afterthought.

"I see, glad you're having fun."

We talk a bit more about what I did during the holidays and discuss the details of how I'm gonna get home before saying goodbye. I settle back down on my bed and contemplate what I wanna do before visiting that music store. After a few minutes of hesitating between movies, fanfics and YouTube videos, I go for the last and decide to do a re-run of all of danisnotonfire's videos, because let's face it: he's amazing.