Hold Me Down*

LOU'S POV:

"He's got me down on both knees, but it's the devil that's trying to

Hold me down, hold me down, sneaking out the back door, made no sound

Knock me out, knock me out, saying that I'll want more, this is what I live for

Hold me down, hold me down, throw me in the deep end, watch me drown"

After Ashton came to my help yesterday, I miraculously managed to finish the song. I wrote the lyrics as the first thing this morning. It all flowed from my mind to the paper easily, as if I'd been thinking of the words since I first started writing the song.

And now it's eleven am and I'm considering getting out of bed and starting the day. I can hear some of the boys' voices in the kitchen, so I figure they're taking the day off from the studio. Maybe they have an interview or something? I'm thinking I could use that to my advantage and try to record my song (or at least an acoustic version of it) in the studio today. I'm gonna need help though, and I figure maybe Ashton would be interested, considering he helped me yesterday. I should probably feature him as one of the writers of the song if it ends up on the album.

Wanting to prolong my moment of rest, I go on Twitter. My eyes grow as wide as saucers when I see that my number of followers has maybe been multiplied by ten. I'm guessing between Capitol Records announcing me as their new recruit and 5SOS paying attention to me (I think Ashton must have indirected me at least twice, and Mike posted a link to my cover of Jet Black Heart), people have started noticing me. Immediately I go on a following rampage, wanting to somehow give back some of the love I keep receiving and still don't know if I deserve. I don't think I've ever experienced anything as amazing as the knowledge that real people out there actually enjoy it when I do what I love. The feeling is indescribable.

My heart jumps to my throat when I suddenly get a notification that Lynn Gunn not only followed me but also mentioned me in one of her tweets. Oh my god. I click on it and see the simple:

@LYNNGVNN: "This girl is going places @GoAwayPeasant"

I think I'm heart-eye emoji right now.

So immediately I favorite and reblog, adding a comment:

@GoAwayPeasant: "Me? Fangirling to death? Nah..."

Deciding that's enough emotion for the day – especially considering I haven't had breakfast yet – I put my phone away, throw a hoodie over my tank-top and pajama shorts, and head out of my bedroom. I tip-toe across the corridor, not wanting to wake anyone one in case one of the boys have a hangover from the drinking they most likely did last night, and go down the stairs to the kitchen. Luke and Ashton are there, eating cereal peacefully. That is, Ashton looks peaceful. Luke looks grumpy as hell and like he's gonna punch someone in the face if anyone even slightly bothers me. But then again, from what I've seen, it's his usual morning attitude. So I say a soft good morning to both of them, which Ashton returns chirpily while Luke just scans my outfit and groans, letting his forehead rest against the table.

"Okay then," I giggle and select a few products for my breakfast.

"So where are the others?" Ashton asks Luke.

Luke sends a glare his way but magnanimously decides to answer.

"Mike probably has the biggest fucking hangover ever and Calum must be...tired."

"What do you mean?"

Luke shrugs.

"Let's just thank god for thick walls."