Stella

LUKE'S POV: Stella – All Time Low

"I remember how you tasted, I've had you so many times let's face it

It feels like I'm falling in love alone, Stella won't you take me home

2am, I'm on a black-out binge again, you know I don't need sleep and I lost my keys but

I've got so many friends, and they keep me coming back for more, another night another score"

I try to disguise my yawn as the interviewer introduces our band, last night's debauchery having taken its toll on me. Remind me not to have a threesome at four in the morning when I have an interview at ten ever again. Oh well, at least our make-up artists are talented.

"So, you guys have two singles from the new album out already, and they're both topping the music charts. How does that feel?"

"Amazing," Ashton grins. "Our fans are the most supportive people; we love them a whole lot. It's really nice to know that they're digging the music that we're digging making."

"Who the fuck says 'digging' anymore," Calum rolls his eyes, but he's ignored as Michael picks up where Ashton left off.

"Yeah because it's the best feeling, knowing that they continue to support and love what we're doing even as we're slightly changing styles. It's like they're maturing with us."

"And in the end that's what's important, you know?" I speak up for the first time of the interview. "Meeting fans and making funny videos and interviews, that's all cool, but at the end of the day it's the music that links us. It's the realest thing. It's where we pour our emotions and thoughts and everything we have, and it's good to know that this is what they love us for."

The interviewer nods and makes a smooth transition to fan questions.

"So @samthewarrior wants to know what you guys did on your four-day break, when you completely disappeared earlier this month."

"We slept." Michael says shortly. "That's it. That's literally all we did."

The interviewer makes a face like he doesn't believe us, so Calum adds.

"No, seriously. Lou forbade us from leaving our bedrooms. She was like a mom, she cooked for us and made sure that we actually spent our time resting."

"Wow. Speaking of Lou, apparently there's a song of the album that's co-written with her?"

"It's mostly Luke and her, really," Ashton says, "they wrote it at some point and then forgot about it. I just picked it up and made them remember. But yeah, she wrote with us. It's a really good song."

I'm digging my nails into my skin, the sound of Lou's name drilling into my skull and I'm finding it hard to breathe. Ashton laughs at something the interviewer says and it grates at my nerves as flashes of when we were writing the song together, just her and me on the rooftop with smoke billowing around us and the stars above us, assault my senses. My blood pounds at my temples and I wanna throw up. Maybe I'm still hungover from yesterday.

Michael leans forward as he joins in the general hilarity, and as he does so he grabs my hand and forcefully detaches my fingers from my palm. He leans back as if nothing happened and I'm left to stare at the red half-moon imprints marring my skin.

"We've got a question for Luke from @abigail-gremlin."

My head shoots up as I hear my name, and I listen to the interviewer a bit haggardly.