Come Alive

LOU'S POV: Come Alive – Rachel Taylor

"You picked me up, oh my dear you saved me and you made me feel like I'm not so crazy

With you, I come alive with you,

I'll breathe you in and I'll hold you close and where you are is where I'll go

With you, I come alive with you"

"You're so bad at this, I swear to god," Luke rolls his eyes, fixing up my earpiece during the boys' encore.

It's been about a month since Luke and I got together, and it's been a whirlwind since. My album got out about two weeks ago and it's actually topping the alternative charts, which I'm super proud of. I've been spending some quality time with my family while waiting for my first tour, which will start in just a few weeks, and has dates all over the US. Most of them are already sold out, which rendered me the equivalent of a heart-eye emoji. While I'm playing it cool with the fam, 5SOS are in the middle of the first leg of their world tour, which started with Europe.

I've been visiting from time to time, and for the one in Paris we unanimously decided I should make an appearance and sing the song we wrote together, the duet version which is on the boys' extended, due a few days from now. It's our first time performing it, but for some reason I'm not too stressed. It was awesome to record it with John Feldman, and with how we clicked, I have high hopes he'll have a hand in the production of my second album.

"Play nice," Ashton says, laughter in his voice.

"Never," Luke answers. "I can't loose my edge."

"What edge?" I wonder.

"You lost your edge the second you caught the feels," Calum intervenes. "That's gotta be, what, six months ago?"

"Oh come on, I didn't catch the feels back then. It's only when she lived with us that it started."

"Yeah right, say that to your internet story," Michael rolls his eyes. "I'm pretty sure if you log in onto his YouTube account the only videos that show up are Lou's."

"Um, kindly fuck off."

We all laugh at the blonde's expense and he winks at me before Ashton is called on stage. I look on with a smile as Luke continues bickering with his bandmates. I missed the lot of them, despite skyping basically every night and occasionally surprising them with a visit. Thank god my tour in America more or less coincides with the American leg of their tour, which means we'll be able to see each other. I don't know how I'll manage so long without my blonde boy on the Asian one though, because I'll have work to do at home. But oh well, if we survived Luke's and my stubbornness, we'll survive a little distance.

My line of thought is caught off by Michael poking my ribs as he and Calum run on stage. I squeal, making Luke giggle next to me. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Shut up, we both know who's more ticklish here."

He raises his hands up in defeat, grinning innocently before his name is called and he runs on stage. I follow a few seconds later, and instantly the clamor of the crowd surrounds me. People everywhere are screaming and singing and there's so much noise it's incredible. You'd think the crowd would be tired by the time the encore comes around, but hell no.

"Wow, there's a lot of people," I half-breathe, half-chuckle into the microphone.

The crowd laughs and I smile, knowing that somewhere in there are Evan and Vince and they're probably making fun of how dorky I am.