She's A Rebel

LOU'S POV:

"She's a rebel, she's a saint, she's the salt of the earth and she's dangerous

She's a rebel, vigilante, missing link on the brink of destruction

From Chicago to Toronto, she's the one that they call old what's-her-name

She's the symbol of resistance and she's holding on my heart like a handgrenade"

The flight home is quiet and boring. After watching the few movies available that are worth watching, I try killing time reading a book one of my friends has recommended, but I soon get bored and end up just listening to music. Eventually I doze off and only wake up when the plane lands. I get out and go through security before grabbing my luggage. My dad is waiting for me outside the airport, and he asks me about my journey as he drives me home.

I sigh as I look at the house I've spent my eighteen years in. Suddenly I miss the beautiful apartment waiting for me in LA. Two months, I remind myself. My mother and older sister Sarah (why couldn't I get the normal name?) are extremely happy to see me again and we discuss what happened in Paris while I was away. Apparently my sister's best friend Lea's boyfriend broke up with her, so she spends most of her days crying.

Contrary to Sarah, I've never had one best friend I could confide myself in, but more like six different girl friends I have fun with. I mean, sure, I'm still tight with Vince, my ex, but it isn't exactly the same. He's the one who taught me guitar and made me start the channel. In fact, he's with me in a lot of the videos, especially in the start. We still hang out a lot, since the break-up wasn't problematic. He just came out as gay to me. No hard feelings. I've actually been suspecting for a few weeks now that he likes one my friends. I, on the other hand, haven't found anyone since. I've mostly kept myself to random hookups or flings that last no longer than a week. Call me a free spirit.

Anyway, as it is, there is no one I can actually tell about my night with Luke. Quite a few of my friends are high-key 5SOS fans, but there's no way they'd believe me. Honestly, if it weren't for the hickeys or the soreness between my legs, I'd have a hard time believing it myself.

It's only when I start unpacking that I remember the CD I had Luke sign. Taking it out, I zoom in on what he wrote in messy handwriting: 'Give me the greenlight? ;) – Luke'.

I suppress a snicker. Putting away the last of my stuff, I grab my guitar, which I greatly missed during my trip. I need to work on my next cover if I don't wanna be late on updating. I've made a list of songs I need to get through before my move to LA (I try to be organized), and it's not going great so far. After toying with the chords a bit, I go on my Tumblr for a while, reblogging body-positivity, feminist and artsy stuff. I try not to delve too far in the fandom part of Tumblr. Too many feels.

After an hour or so (oops), I finally manage to detach myself from my phone and start learning the lyrics for Brand New's Jesus Jesus Christ.

The next few days are very quiet and nice. I've been helping my sister's best friend feel better, which includes art expositions, strolls down the Seine bank and occasional nights at the club. Otherwise my daily life is just updating videos, reading, working out or getting lost in the wonderful world of the Internet. I don't really need to study at the moment, considering I'm following a double course in French and American law, and that this will be my first year learning the American one. I don't know if I'd call the whole thing 'exciting', but it's for sure better than staying in France. And even though I don't see myself as a lawyer in the future, there's no way I'll ever actually become a singer, as I've always dreamt of being.