Do It Now Remember It Later

LOU'S POV:

"Remember when they said that what we want could never be done

When it all comes falling down, we'll do what we want to, said we'll do what we want to, yeah

Remember when they said that what we want could never be done

Well look who's falling now, we'll do what we want to, said we'll do what we want to, yeah"

I should never have sent Luke that tweet. I was doing so well at forgetting him – or at least coming to terms with the fact that it was just a two-time thing we had and that I'll never see him. And now my heart just jumped because he favorited it. I slowly breathe in and calm myself. He probably doesn't even know it's me, I reason. Chances are he's forgotten about my existence. He's just happy because rain-for.me is an amazing website. A smile makes its way to my face. At this point I'm just glad I could help another person who has trouble sleeping.

I allow myself to gloat over the little star for a few seconds more before exiting from the Twitter app, instead making the last edits to my latest vlog before posting it on YouTube. Don't ask me why I'm posting videos in the middle of the night, because I will not know how to answer. Or maybe Hannibal-marathoning with my sister is excuse enough for why I'm up this late. Having posted the vlog, I follow my own advice and soon fall asleep to the sound of raindrops falling softly on the ground. I dream about blue eyes and annoying smirks.

A week later, my plane lands in LAX in the mid-afternoon. I internally moan at the amount of people in the airport before getting my luggage (for once it hasn't been lost midway) and hailing a cab. The goodbyes with my family took forever, my dad clinging to me like a koala until my sister forcefully pushed him away. I guess I'll always be his little girl. My mom and sis kept it cool, but I could tell they were both slightly worried with me moving so far away, and their long hugs were telltale signs. I know I'll miss them, but I've been waiting for this moment for a while, so I'm not excessively sad. No, right now I'm just dead-tired and can't wait to be reunited with my apartment and especially the bathtub.

The second the taxi pulls over in front of my building, I almost fling myself out, throwing some money at him before dragging my suitcase up the stairs. Thankfully my apartment is only on the second floor, so the way up is survivable. I collapse on my bed and take deep breaths, wondering why the hell I had to get so little sleep last night when I know perfectly that I can't sleep on airplanes. It doesn't make it better that I'm still sporting a small hangover from last night's drinking. Vince held a sorta goodbye-party with my friends from the university and it ended way too late. I think I saw him kissing Noah though, so at least some good came out of it.

I groan into my pillow before going to the bathroom, bribing myself with the prospect of a nice, relaxing bath. I spend almost two hours in the tub, listening to soft music and just resting until the water gets too cold for it to be comfortable. I decide to groom myself, knowing it's one of the best ways to make me feel better about myself but also just in general. So after shaving, I lotion my body and pay extra care to my hair before slipping into comfortable sleep shorts and a soft tank top. With a content sigh, I make my way to the kitchen and prepare an assortment of nuts before making myself comfortable on the sofa and turning on the TV. Some weird ass reality show is on, and I decide to watch it because I have low standards.

Half an hour later, my phone rings, interrupting Hannah as she was bitching on Jenifer. I silence the TV with a huff and answer my phone, noting with some confusion that the number is unknown.

"Hello, am I speaking with Louisiana Watson?"

I cringe at the use of my full name but agree nonetheless.