No One Does It Better

LUKE'S POV: No One Does It Better – You Me At Six

"I believe in the finest things and you don't believe in me

If I just saved you, you could save me, you could save me too

What do I do when I'm so in love with you, I forgot what I wanted to say

No one does it better, no one does it oh, no one does it better"

I come home early because some girl targeted me and sucked me off in the bathroom, and suddenly the whole looking-for-a-girl-in-the-crowd-while-getting-plastered lost a little of its appeal. Once I got my release, I was on my way. Thankfully the kitchen is empty, so I grab myself a piece of cold leftover pizza and head to my bedroom. 

I pointedly ignore Lou's half-open door, by-passing it as I head to the end of the corridor. But just then, I hear moans from Calum's bedroom, and that's weird cause I was the only one to go out tonight. I frown a little at the puzzle, standing still in the middle of the corridor, until I hear Lou's light laugh mixing with Calum's loud moans, and suddenly I see red.

I don't have time to even process what I'm doing before Calum's door is thrown open and I stare, dumbfounded, at what is going on in the bed. Calum is lying on his stomach, head in a pillow as Lou straddles his lower back and massages his muscles. They both look up in surprise at me, Lou's smile instantly slipping from her face while Calum sends me a lazy, questioning one.

"What's up?" He asks, sounding exhausted.

"Do you have my safety-pin beanie?" I ask, which is the first thing that comes to mind while I'm trying not to think about how Lou's smile disappeared the second she saw me and how it shouldn't hurt but it does and fuck.

"Nah man I don't," he says. "Dude I can seriously understand why your hook-up thing with Lou lasted so long, her fingers are like, magic."

He receives a gasp and a slap on the back from Lou and a withering glare from me before I storm out of the room again.

"You can't just say stuff like that!" I hear Lou yell as I close my bedroom door behind me, but I can hear the light-heartedness in her tone that says she isn't really mad.

I don't think any of our fights have ever been lighthearted. I sigh and rest my head against the wall, counting the beats of my heart against my chest, like a dull tambourine reminding me of all the ways I'm fucked up. Because I hate the whole diva rockstar subject of the tabloids thing and yet I still find myself partying and hooking up with randoms every night, which isn't really how to be discreet. And I'm wondering just how much of a hypocrite I can be, because I'm also convincing myself that I hate Lou's existence when clearly that's not the truth, not at all.

It's ridiculous how I jumped to conclusions with Calum. I know he wouldn't do that to me, or to her. He has more respect for her than I've ever had for another human being. But still, there's this feeling in my gut that clearly wants to keep calling her mine, and I didn't even have time to use my rational mind before I had my claws out. Then again, it's ridiculous thinking that I could ever be rational it what concerns Lou. When have I ever been? Not when I broke my rule of not hooking up with fans, not when we started our very unprofessional fling, and certainly not when I started having feelings for her.

Because yes, damn you Calum, I did catch the feels for this redhead. And fuck that, honestly. It sucks. Especially when she told me she didn't want this anymore, as if it were just that easy to erase everything. When I firmly believe she could have helped me, we could have taken a chance and helped each other. The most ironic thing is Calum saying I stayed with her because of her magic fingers. If only it was that easy...