Coming Down*

LOU'S POV: Coming Down – Halsey

"I found god, I found him in a lover

When his hair falls in his face and his hands so cold they shake

I found the devil, I found him in a lover

In his lips like tangerine, and his color-coated speak"

Within ten minutes, Luke is in my bedroom and he's breathing is hard and labored and he looks a mix of angry and desperate as he quickly gets rid of our clothes. He kisses me roughly, dirtily, all tongue and teeth as his fingers trail down the length of my body.

Until he suddenly stops, coming to a standstill on top of me and climbing off the bed.

"What's that?" He asks, his voice tense.

I frown and sit up, looking at him in confusion until he lightly touches a large bruise on my stomach.

"How did you get that?"

I chuckle at my own stupidity.

"Can you believe I actually fell while exercising? I'm so ridiculous," I grin, shaking my head.

To my surprise, Luke is not looking particularly amused. His jaw is clenched, brows furrowed as he stares at the abused skin.

"How the hell could you be so careless? You shouldn't be exercising if you can't help but hurt yourself!"

I stare in complete disbelief as Luke fumes.

"What...the hell?"

"You can't continue working out if it ends with you having bruises the size of my hand! What next, you're gonna break a bone?"

"Wait what the fuck are you even going on about?" I exclaim, my mind reeling.

Is he really trying to tell me that I should stop working out because I got a bruise?

"I'm going on about how maybe if you can't pay attention—"

"Shut the fuck up Luke! I don't know when you suddenly became this overprotective piece of shit, but you absolutely cannot tell me what to do. It's a bruise. I'll survive, and I'll keep working out until I want to stop. It's not because we hook up that you have any say in what I do, you are not the boss of me. Don't be a fucking jackass."

We stare at each other, the anger swirling in his blue eyes more than reciprocated in my face, until he mutters a 'fuck it' and crashes his mouth back onto mine. I'm not even surprised. He has a tendency to get turned on whenever I get angry or stand up for myself. It's weird as hell, but at least it means I win all my arguments.

"Take a shower with me," he mutters against my lips.

I break the kiss to raise an unimpressed eyebrow.

"I just took one."

"Don't care. Take one with me."

I agree because apparently I have no willpower and also, like, a shower with Luke. We're both naked already, so we just cross the hall to the bathroom and lock the door behind us, giggling like two schoolgirls. I turn on the faucet and sit on the toilet while we wait for the water to get hot.

"So do you actually flood the bathroom or is that something that was invented?"

Luke grimaces, a little red flush appearing on his cheeks.

"I uh...no. That actually happens."

"Well this is my bathroom so you better be really careful. I'm not letting you flood it."