Stay With Me

LOU'S POV:

"Deep down I know this never works

But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt

Oh won't you stay with me, cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see, but darling stay with me"

When our breaths have more or less evened, I break away from the tight hold Luke has on me. He rolls to the side, gets rid of the condom and looks at me curiously as I run a hand through my hair, sitting up. I'm not stupid; I know he wants me out. So, gathering my courage, I get up from the bed and start looking for my clothes. I've just started putting my underwear on when Luke's voice breaks the silence.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Leaving," I answer in a 'duh' voice. "Don't worry, I'll be quick."

And it's not only because this was just a one-night stand and he's going to throw me out anyway. It's because it physically pains me to be in the same room as the guy I've been crushing on for three years, knowing he doesn't want me there. And despite knowing he's not what I thought, I'm sure if I stay too long I'll be pulled right back into his net. Not to mention this is probably the best sex I've ever had and it hurts to know that I am and will always be just another hook-up to him.

"Don't." Luke says, and I freeze. "Don't leave."

"What?"

"Stay."

"I...no."

"Please?"

I look up in shock at the word. He's sitting up on the bed, the covers flush around him as he stares at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"Please?" He repeats, giving me the same look he had earlier this night.

Sadly, I haven't learnt better since then. I sigh in defeat and throw his boxers at him. He grabs them and cocks his head at me.

"I'm not sleeping with you naked."

He looks on the verge of saying something mocking, but at the look I give him, he shuts up and pulls the boxers on. I put my tank-top over my underwear and make my way slowly to the bed. Luke smiles and reaches towards me, pulling me against him. He holds me tightly under the covers and nuzzles his face in my neck, sighing contentedly. I hate how I can't help but enjoy this, when really I should be running the other way.

"Fuck you," I whisper.

"You already did."

"You're a real jerk, you know that?" I grumble.

"I know," he sighs into my neck, leaving a small kiss there. "Goodnight Lou."

"Night Lukey," I answer, the words slipping from my mouth before I can stop them.

I feel him smile against my skin as I close my eyes in exhaustion and drift away.

I yawn deeply and bury my head in my cushion, which lets out a sleepy groan.

Wait, what? My eyes open and I'm instantly wide-awake. Memories of last night flow back as I stare at the sleeping face of the boy who meant so much to me. He looks so peaceful, so innocent and so, so beautiful it hurts. Which is precisely why I need to go.

I sigh and disentangle myself from his embrace. The cold hits me as soon as I step out of the cocoon of warmth created by the covers and Luke. I steal a look at him and see that he's still fast asleep. I need out before he wakes. I don't particularly want to endure the embarrassment of having him throw me out.