Manners

LOU'S POV:

"I wanna take a picture of your look when your own words bite you back

Remember how I showed you out just like that

What do you see when you close your eyes, do you sleep?

I know you do and I'm not surprised, while your ego keeps you warm"

"Are you making eggs?" I ask Melanie as I cut some apples.

"Yep. Not everyone can survive on just fruit."

"It's not just fruit," I scoff. "I have some vegan bread somewhere, wait up."

I find some very good-looking bread in my cupboard and put a few slices in the toaster. She puts the butter and something called Vegemite on the table along with some juices. I grab plates and glasses and just like that the table is set for breakfast. Just then, someone enters the kitchen.

"Smells good," Luke drawls as he walks in.

He sends me a sly smirk before suddenly coming to a full stop when he notices Melanie. His eyes grow wide and he looks between her and me frantically.

"I...uh...what..." He splutters.

"Do you usually throw girls out at 4am?" I ask sharply.

"I..."

"Because I don't think I can stand that kind of behaviour."

"But..."

"I really think you owe her an excuse."

I don't think I've ever witnessed anything as bizarre or satisfying as a six feet two inches tall messy-haired, scruffy, godly rockstar looking all sheepish and embarrassed (okay maybe in terms of satisfaction there was that one time when the same person begged me for sex that was pretty cool). He looks down at his feet, biting his lips nervously before finally peering up at Melanie from underneath his eyelashes.

"I uh...I'm sorry for throwing you out in the middle of the night."

Melanie looks absolutely astounded by his excuse (and also really charmed by how cute he's being) and blushes, smiling.

"It's okay."

"No it's not okay," I cut in sharply.

"Um well, you're forgiven," Melanie amends herself.

Luke nods and looks at us awkwardly, obviously desperately trying to think of a way to get out of this situation. But there's no way I'm letting him off so easily. He acted like a total jackass and now he needs to deal with the consequences. He opens his mouth to speak – probably to come with a stupid excuse as to why he needs to leave – but I cut him off.

"Now you shut up and eat breakfast, Hemmings."

Luke blinks, still looking like a deer caught in the headlights, but for once it doesn't make me all mushy inside. Well, not as much as usual. He sits down at the table and I think I hear him mumble something in the lines of 'psycho' and 'so bossy oh my god'. I send him a fake-ass smile and am about to spit some insult at him when Melanie exclaims.

"Hemmings? See, I knew it was Luke Hemmings! I knew I recognized him from somewhere! Is the drummer here?" She asks. "You know the super hot one? Ashley something?"

I wince while Luke looks torn between being offended and amused.

"Okay, I think you need to leave now," I say, suddenly not wanting a groupie on my hands. She's nice but I have my limits. "I'll call you a cab. Luke can pay," I add.