Fever

LOU'S POV:

"Let's get inside your car, just you me and the stars, kind of ménage-à-trois, sometimes

Won't you be mine, won't you be mine, won't you be mine, mine?

Oh babe, light's on but your mom's not home I'm sick of lying down low with this fever, yeah

My one and own, I wanna get you alone, give you a fever, fever, yeah"

I'm stumbling around the room, trailing Evan (that's smiley-stranger's name) behind me as I look for Ashton.

"I swear I saw him right before!"

"Okay," Evan giggles.

I convinced him to take some shots with me and apparently he's a lightweight. But I can't exactly mock him because while I feel more or less sober, I've fallen to the ground three times since we left the dancefloor to look for Ashton.

Eventually we find him in another room, sitting in a circle with some other dudes. As soon as I see him I let go of Evan's hand and run into his arms.

"Ashy!"

I sit down on his lap, smiling at him hugely.

"Lou! I looked for you everywhere! Where were you?"

I look at him quizzically.

"Narnia. Where else?"

He giggles and gestures to a person in front of him.

"Say hi to the host of the party, who's also my friend."

"Hi!" I say excitedly before narrowing my eyes at him. "Wait, you look like Harry Styles." Long curly kinda hot hair? Check. Green eyes? Check. Weird shirt? Check. "Yeah, you're definitely Harry Styles."

"That I am," he replies in a smooth British accent, showing dimples.

I scan him from head to toe, starting to understand why Vince is so obsessed with him. Oh my god Vince.

"Wow, Vince would kill to be me right now!"

"Vince?" Harry asks.

"My ex."

"Your ex is a directioner?" Harry asks excitedly. "I mean, sorry but like, we never get to meet any guy fans!"

"Uh I'm not sure he qualifies as a fan," I giggle. "He's not very into your music, he's more into..." I wave my hand towards Harry's body.

"Wait your ex is gay?"

I wrinkle my nose.

"That's so restricting! He could be bi or pan or I'm too drunk to remember the rest!" I exclaim, and then after a small silence: "But yeah, he's gay."

"How bad are you at sex that your boyfriend became gay?" One of the guys sitting in the circle scoffs.

I feel Ashton tense behind me but I'm not drunk enough that I need someone else to stand up for me. Swirling around, I glare threateningly at the dickhead.

"Excuse me? Are you insinuating that someone's sexuality and thus identity depends on the quality of the sexual intercourse they've had? Are you implying that people can't know in advance what their sexual orientation is? And are you trying to suggest that someone's skills in bed can disgust their partner from the entire gender? It's because of uneducated assholes like you that LGBT people find it hard to open up and accept the way they feel and who they are. Because of people like you, they repress their identity and suffer! And worse, your snide comment bounces right off of me because I'm aware of my sexual abilities, but do you realize the damage words like these could cause on an insecure person?"