Catch Fire

LUKE'S POV: Catch Fire – 5 Seconds Of Summer

"All my life I've been waiting for moments to come

When I catch fire and wash over you like the sun

I will try to fix up and get things right, I can't change the world

I know that I can't change the world but maybe I'll change your mind"

"Luke."

"Hmmm..."

"Luke wake up."

My head feels like it's being physically torn apart as I open my eyes to give Michael my best glare. The light in the room makes me flinch, and I wonder whether I'm slowly turning into a vampire. With a groan, I turn away and hide my head back into my pillow.

It's then that I remember, the scent of cinnamon and citrus on my pillow jolting back memories of Lou falling asleep in my arms. It's fuzzy and neither of us were anywhere near sober, but she was here. The space next to me in the bed is empty, though. She's gone, of course she is.

"Luke..." Mike drags out the word, clear annoyance in his tone, and then a little bit of something else that I can't clearly identify but convinces me to really look up at him this time.

"What?" I bite out.

"We need to talk."

His eyes are wide and serious and already I can feel that I'm not going to like this. With a sigh, I sit up on the bed, barely noticing that I'm wearing my clothes from last night, which mean I probably reek of alcohol and sex, and pat the mattress next to me. Michael bites his lip before joining me on the bed, sitting cross-legged in front of me as I tiredly try to fix my morning hair.

"Okay then. Talk."

He scoffs and makes me take a Tylenol and drink a glass of water before speaking up.

"Last night...well, you were pretty smashed."

I nod. It's not like there's any way I could disagree.

"And Calum and I wondered...is that what you've been doing all of this week? Getting completely out-of-your-mind drunk?"

"That, and having a lot of sex," I concede. "Yay to the rockstar life!"

But Michael sees right through my smirk and soon enough it slips off my face. He swallows hard.

"All this time, you've been putting yourself in danger...and you didn't think to ask one of us to come with you? To join you or even just to keep an eye on you?"

"Danger, danger, don't exaggerate," I roll my eyes. The concern in his voice grates my nerves, cause it makes me think that there actually is something to be seriously worried about, and I can't stand that. "You know I'm followed by body guards at all times, right?"

"They're not in the club tracking your every move, Luke." Michael grits out. "Yes, they'll keep most of the exterior danger at bay, but they can't exactly protect you from yourself."

"And you can?"

Mike's face darkens, the corners of his mouth turning down.

"I thought I could. Yesterday showed me it's not the case anymore."

I rub at my face, swallowing.

"Look, I was stupid okay? I'm sorry I didn't listen to you when you told me to stay put, or to call you once I got home safely. It slipped my mind."