Don't You Go

LUKE'S POV:

"Don't you go, and carry on with your life,

It was a one-night stand till I woke up next to you

Don't you go, saying all your goodbyes,

I want a one-night stand just one more time with you"

I wake up slowly and, as usual, with a deep need to forget that I have to actually get up. Lazily, I reach a hand out to pull Lou closer, wanting to bury my head in her hair and just cuddle.

Except she's not there.

My eyes fly open. The space next to me on the bed is empty. My stomach sinks as I take in the surroundings. Her clothes, shoes and bag have disappeared, and she's nowhere to be seen. That doesn't mean she really left, I find myself thinking. Maybe she just forgot something and she's coming back soon... She wouldn't have left without saying goodbye, would she? But deep down I know she's gone.

That's when I see the piece of paper folded in two on the nightstand. I quickly pick it up and stare at the line written in a neat, loopy handwriting.

Have a nice flight x - Lou

Seriously? That's it? I turn the paper around to see if there's anything else, but it's blank. No phone number, no address, no Instagram or Twitter account. Nothing. I let the paper fall to the ground.

"Fuck!"

There's this weird feeling in my gut, like a mix of sadness and anger and disappointment and frustration. I hate it. And I don't get why this whole thing upsets me so much. Usually I don't care. Actually, usually I'm the one to throw the girls out the minute we've had sex. But for some reason I wanted something more yesterday, and she thanked me by leaving me in the morning. Great. Fucking great.

We're in the plane and I'm blasting music to my ear, hoping that somehow it'll soothe me. So far it hasn't worked.

"Why are you in a bad mood, Lukey-poo?" Calum asks, leaning over the back of my seat.

"Tired," I mutter, and it isn't a complete lie.

"Didn't get much sleep?" Calum grins, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Images of last night rise to my mind, but I push them down.

"Shut up," I say half-heartedly.

"What? She wasn't good?"

"Shut up." More edgy this time.

"Oh, so she was good..."

"Shut up!"

"Was she too good? Is that the problem?"

"I swear to god Calum if you don't shut your fucking mouth—"

"Okay, okay!" He exclaims, raising his hands theatrically. "What's up with you? Why so touchy?" He asks in pretend hurt, pouting, before adding with a wink. "Did you catch the feels or something?"

I scoff.

"Don't be ridiculous."

Apparently my careless tone isn't convincing, because Calum puts his face closer to mine and narrows his eyes.

"You did!" He gasps. "I can't believe it! You caught the feels!"

He seems absolutely delighted.