Is There Somewhere

LOU'S POV: Is There Somewhere – Halsey

"And I try to refrain, but you're stuck in my brain

And all I do is cry and complain, because second's not the same

I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight, I didn't mean to fall in love tonight

You're looking like you fell in love tonight, could we pretend that we're in love?"

"So what would you be doing if Capitol Records hadn't called you?" Ashton asks me from his spot on the couch, as far away from the two Michaels who are playing on the carpet as possible.

"I'm technically in the middle of a French-American law course."

"Like, Harvard?" Mike intervenes, and I'm silent for a couple of seconds.

"No Mike. Harvard isn't even on this side of the United States."

"Yeah but like, you have to have awesome grades to get into these kinds of programs, right? Straight A's or some shit."

"I guess..."

"You're like the good girl from our song," Ashton laughs.

"Dude yes!" Mike exclaims.

"Dude no," I deadpan, but they completely ignore it.

"Sure you are! You're a daddy's girl, you're a great student, you pretend like you're this perfect girl but you sneak around with Luke right under the eyes of management..."

"Plus you're fluent in French!" Ashton grins, and just like that they start singing the song, half-screaming half-serenading me.

"Save me," I whisper, sending a desperate look towards Michael-the-kitten, who keeps licking his paw.

But then Luke enters the living-room, looking all messed up and tired and annoyed that we woke him up, and I let out an exclamation of joy and relief.

"Baby-daddy! Help me, they won't stop singing."

"Shut the fuck up," he bites out, glaring at the two boys, and they miraculously stop singing.

"Baby-daddy?" Mike raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Michael is ours," I nod, and Luke sends me a weird look which I ignore. "We found him, fed him and named him together, so he's the dad."

"You...kinda did all of that on your own," Luke remarks.

"Shut up, aren't you supposed to be out of working order in the morning? But yeah, he's the dad."

"But then what am I?" Michael frowns. "Clearly I love him more than his dad."

"Uh...you can be the cool uncle?" I try, though Mike doesn't look particularly convinced.

Luke rolls his eyes and starts making his way back up the stairs.

"Please don't sing anymore, Cal and I are trying to sleep," he grumbles.

"How's the hangover going?" Mike calls out, and is answered by a middle finger before Luke disappears back upstairs.

"Anyway, I'm not the good girl from the song," I conclude. "Luke would never follow me into a library."

///

"Stop!" I giggle as Luke tickles my sides and almost causes me to topple over. "I'm gonna fall and I will not die because of you!"

"But you could fall for me," Luke winks outrageously, and I push him back.