English Love Affair

LUKE'S POV:

"The story line was so ridiculous, every single step had me begging for the next

Before I knew it, it was serious, dragged me up the stairs and it wasn't ending there

When the lights go out, she's all I ever think about

The picture burning in my brain, kissing in the rain"

I'm more than a little irritated when I get back to the hotel. Our driver came to pick me up at the apartment, and during the whole drive to the hotel I couldn't help but remember the sad, understanding smile on Lou's face. It's okay, she said. As if she expected me to leave the second we were done. And yeah, okay, it's true that that's what I do most of the time, but I hate that she thinks this proves her right when she said it was only about the thrill of the chase for me. It definitely isn't true, because if it was only for the thrill of the chase then surely the only thing I want wouldn't be to go right back to her, would it?

I'm confused and annoyed at myself for feeling bad about leaving her, not to mention lowkey angry at my manager for telling me to come back "right this instant" instead of giving me time to figure things out with the redhead.

So yeah, safe to say I'm not in the best of moods as I enter the hotelroom I'm sharing with Mike for some reason. Which is why I maybe don't have the right reaction when the first words that come out of his mouth are:

"You've been with the same girl again, right? The redhead?"

Instead of looking at him like he's crazy and denying, I find myself scowling.

"What's it to you?"

"Now there's no way you're forgetting her before at least a few weeks," Mike says firmly.

I roll my eyes.

"What the fuck do you know about that, huh? Is it your whole 'you have feels for her' bullshit theory again? Because if that's it, I'm just gonna stop you right there. She's hot and she's really good at fucking. That's all. Got it?"

Mike looks at me for a bit before shrugging, obviously disagreeing but deciding to let the matter go.

"Thanks," I say bitingly before a thought strikes me. "Wait how do you even know that I was with her?"

"Well obviously you got laid," Mike responds, gesturing towards my face. "And the only other time I saw you in a bad mood after sex was with her. Plus, the dude who gave you the hoodie talked about a redhead."

My eyebrows shoot up.

"Well aren't you a little Sherlock."

"Fuck off," he rolls his eyes. "And go take a shower. You smell like sex."

I don't argue as trudge towards the bathroom. I gasp as I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, suddenly understanding how Mike immediately knew I got laid. I'm not that surprised with the mess that is my hair – girls apparently love pulling my hair during sex – but there's hickeys all over my neck. The boys and I have an unspoken rule about not letting girls mark us higher than our torsos, because it just causes drama with the media and the fans. I guess I forgot to tell Lou. Yet another thing to add that to the list of rules I've broken with that girl. Damn it.

Once I've taken my shower, I plop down on my bed and try to find a distraction. After ten minutes of scrolling through boring Tweet posts, I go on YouTube. Immediately videos by Lou pop up as suggestions because of the vlog I saw the other day. I briefly hesitate before seeing she did a cover of Jet Black Heart and immediately clicking on it. I'm not much of an emotional dude, but this song has always meant so much to Mike and the rest of us. I want to know what she made of it.