Déja-Vu *

LUKE'S POV: Déjà-vu – Sleeping With Sirens

"You know I love it when you talk like that

Just when I think we're through you make me come right back

You're like a drug and I can't relax, I need more, I need more, I need more

Got my hands all over you, there's nothing I can do, feels like we're having déjà-vu"

I'm in the middle of writing a riff with Ashton when I hear Lou's laugh, and raise my head to see her and Jude walk into the studio, coffee in hand.

"Hey guys," she says breezily, sending us a distracted smile as they head into the next room, where they usually work.

I look at the door she closes behind her for a few seconds, thinking back to the last few days. It's been weird. She had her period so we couldn't really do anything sexual, but we still spent a lot of time together. Yeah, maybe half of it was made out of stupid arguments, but that's just the dynamic we have. I'm actually surprised by the amount of getting-along we've done. And the weirdest thing is, I don't regret getting into this exclusive benefits thing. I might have not gotten a good release in over a week, but I don't find myself attracted to other women, even when I go out with the guys. I don't have any feelings for Lou, I know that. But I might just be becoming Lou-sexual.

Mike sits up from his spot on the couch where he was working with Calum on some lyrics and follows Lou into the room. A few seconds later, I hear her laughter mixed with his, and clamp down on my arising jealousy. What the fuck? I don't care if he's really good at making her laugh. It's Mike – he makes everyone laugh. I blow an irritated sigh and look back at the sheet of paper, coming up with a few more music notes.

When Mike comes back some time later, he's texting someone, a perpetual grin at his lips. It doesn't take me too long, from the way that his and Lou's laugh are still synchronized, to realize that he's texting her when she's just in the other room. How adorable. I bite back the bitter words on the tip of my tongue, reminding myself that she's the one who came up with the rule of exclusivity so she isn't about to break it with Mike. 

Still, I can't help but remember that he's the one who pushed for her to get famous and constantly makes her smile with his idiocy. As if sensing my gaze, Mike lifts his head and sends me an easy smile. But then he notices my glare and it turns into a small smirk, his eyes rolling. I murmur a few words to Ashton, who's still working hard, and go up to Mike.

"You can stop acting so jealous," he immediately says, the look in his eyes a bit mocking. "I'm not into her and she's not my type."

I snort at that.

"She's everyone's type."

I frown in disbelief when Mike shrugs.

"I like them with a little bit more, you know," he says, making curving movements with his hands.

"What?" I scrounge up my nose, starting to get defensive.

"Yeah, she's a little on the skinny side, you know..."

"What the fuck no, she's perfect!"

There's a few seconds of silence before Mike's face stretches into a smile.

"And you guys say you're just fuck buddies."

"We are. And speaking of which, why the hell did you tell everyone about it the other day?"

"Oh please, everyone could see it. And I did you guys a favor, now you don't have to sneak around anymore, just tell us and we'll know to crank up the sound of our music."