Chapter 6:The Assassin of the Mist1

Naomi p.o.v.

We were on a boat which will take us to the land of the waves. "Woah, the fogs so thick you can't see anything." Sakura said. I mentally agreed with her my head. We had to be really quiet, and surprisingly Naruto was very quiet. "The bridge isn't far now. Our destination is ahead, the land of waves." The person who was controlling the boat said. "Woo! It's huge!" Oops, spoke a bit too soon. "Be quiet! I told you no noise! Why do you think we're traveling like this?" The guy scolded him. "Turning off the engine rowing! Moving in dense fog so they don't see us!" Naruto covered his mouth with his hands. "Mr. Tazuna, before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something." Silence lingered for a while until Kakashi-sensei spoke up again. "The men who is after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I have to end this mission once we reach ashore." We all looked towards Tazuna waiting for a respond. Geez old man it's not like we're getting any younger.

"I have no choice but to tell you. No I want you to know the truth. Like you said this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man, who cast a very long and deadly shadow." "A deadly shadow? Who is it?" Sensei questioned him. "You know him. At least you've heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. The shipping magnet Gato." Kakashi gasped in surprise. "Gato? Of Gato Transport? He's a business leader. Everyone knows him." Well I guess everyone but me. "Who? Who? What? What?" Naruto asked. "Gato, he's a very powerful tycoon from a famous company that's true. But below the surface, with the same ruthless methods to take over business and nations. He sells drugs by using gangs and ninjas. It was one year ago, when Gato first set his sight on the Land of waves. He came to our island to vast wealth and take control of our transporting, shipping and anyone who tried to stand in his way, disappeared. There's one thing he fears the bridge once it's finished, we'll join to the land and we'll be free of his control. I am the bridge builder."

"So that's it, you're in charge of the bridge that means you're getting in this gangster's way." Sakura said. "That means those guys we fought in the forest, they were working for Gato." "So that means this Gato guy will do anything in his way to make sure the bridge doesn't get finished huh?" I asked. Naruto just sat there and stared at us. "Ummmm." He was putting our words to process in his mind again. "I don't understand, if you knew he was dangerous. You knew he was sending out ninja to get you, why did you hide it?" "Because the Land of Waves is a very poor nation. Even our nobles have little money. The common people who build this bridge they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. It's too expensive. If you leave and abandon this mission the bridge will not get finished. They will assassin me before I reach home." I don't feel like its right to just leave him and let him get murdered even if he is a drunkie old geezer. "But hey don't feel bad, my poor sweet little grandson will be upset. He will cry. 'Grandpa I want my Grandpa.'" My along with Sakura's and Naruto's face dropped. Is he trying to guilt trip us!? "My daughter will condemn the ninja of the hidden leaf for blaming you for abandoning and leaving her father and living her life in sorrow." Yup this old man's trying to guilt trip us. "Oh well, don't feel bad about it. It's not your fault." "Well I guess we have no other choice. We'll just have to keep guarding you. "Sensei answered. "Oh, I'm very grateful. I win." He said flashing a peace sign. I sweatdropped. He sure is weird. "We're approaching the shore. Tazuna we have been very fortunate no one has noticed us so far." We went into a tunnel and bright light shined as we got closer to the end. I awed. It was so pretty. Naruto gawked. You can tell we've never left the village before. We got off the boat on to the deck. "That's as far as I go. Good luck." "Right." Tazuna nodded at him. "Thanking you for taking such a risk. Just be careful."

3rd p.o.v.

They all walked in the forest taking the bridge builder to his house. Naruto in the front. Naomi and Sasuke behind him. Sakura Kakashi and Tazuna behind them. Naomi and Sasuke walked in rhythm. They had one messed up relationship. Right now they were in their rivalry relationship. After Sasuke stole Naomi's thunder she was making sure she wasn't being useless to the team and having Sasuke or Naruto fighting her battles. Naomi walked ahead of Sasuke only to have him meet her speed. She growled at him. He smirked at her. He enjoyed annoying her. Sakura fumed and walked faster so she could be next her precious Sasuke only to have the two go faster. Sakura eyebrows twitched in response.