Chapter 19: The Scroll's Secret: No Peeking Allowed

Naomi sat by the edge of the water, staring at the reflection. She looked up to see four Naruto's ready to dive in.

"Shadow clone fishing! Bombs away!" Naruto jumped into the lake. Splash. A few seconds later four fish were thrown up into the air. Sasuke threw kunais pinning all four of them to the tree.

Naruto resurfaced a bit later. Panting as he gasped for air. "Come on! Is that it I only got four! Go back in and do it again!" Sasuke yelled.

Naruto growled at him, steaming coming out of his ears. "Well if you think its so easy why don't you come in and I stand by the shore!" Naruto yelled flapping his arms. "If you wanted help you should have said so!" Naomi shouted.

She took of her jacket, her hands touched the brim of her shirt. "What are you doing!?" Yelled a blushing Sasuke. "I'm going to help Naruto nii-chan, you said we needed more fish." Naomi asked dumbstruck. "Why are you taking off your shirt!?" He yelled at her.

Naruto gained a tick mark. "Sasuke you dirty pervert! She's wearing a tank top underneath!" Sasuke mumbled an 'oh'. Naomi was still confused. "Fine if it bugs you so much about me taking off my shirt, i'll leave it on than." Sasuke turned his head to a different direction. "I never said it bugged me." He mumbled.

"YOU DIRTY PERVERT STAY AWAY FROM MY SISTER!" Naruto shouted, throwing a fish at him. Sasuke glared at him. "Sasuke! The fire is ready to light! I could use one of your fireballs!" Sakura called out.

Sasuke scoffed. "I have to do everything around here." Naruto's eye twitched. "YOU DO HUH? WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!?" "Don't worry Menma! I'm here to help!" Naruto eyes landed on Naomi, he pouted at her. "You know I hate being called Menma!" "I'm sorry!" Naomi said giving the puppy dog eyes.

Naomi cannoned balled into the lake splashing Naruto. "Psych!" "Hey! I'm going to get you for that!" Instead of catching fish they ended up having a water war. "Hey we better catch some fish before Mr. Attitude makes a fuss!" Naruto said. Naomi nodded.

~*~
Team 7 stared at the blazing fair. "Its already been four days since the second exam began." Sasuke said. "Yeah thats right......." "Were sure not going to break any records and we only have 24 hours left."

"I wonder how many of the other teams already have their scrolls and
I wonder when this fish is going to be done I could eat a whale! Naruto and Naomi thought in unison, hungrily gazing at their fish on a stick.

They all ate their fish in silence. "We have to face it. There may not be any heaven scrolls left." The rest of the team stared at Sakura. "Well that's a cheerful thought." Sasuke said sarcastically.

"Maybe so but its true! You said it yourself Sasuke! This is the fourth day we've been out here! That means we already used up eighty percent of the time we got for the exam! Only 13 teams can pass and there are only 13 heaven scrolls and 13 earth scrolls! And we've got 26 teams and 79 candidates out looking for them! If the odds weren't bad enough! That creep Orochimaru burnt the heaven scroll we had! " Sakura said.

"Yeah I remember." Sasuke said nodding.

"The number of complete scrolls by the pair are reduced by one right there. Not to mention all the ones that have been found and secured by the other teams."

"Maybe we gave ourselves too much time to rest and recover from our last fight......I don't know. What I do know is that we got to get serious now and to make up for lost time. The next enemy we face, could be our last chance! I'm going to get water." Sasuke said as he stood up. "Naomi come on." Naomi raised her eyebrow. "What?" Sasuke grabbed her hand. "Just come on you loser!"