Quality Family Time

Luke's pov-

Caroline got dressed in a yellow sun dress, with her cowboys boots, also let her blond hair down. We walked downstairs together, and around the corner to the living room, to see the kids on their electronics. "Alright kids, I see how it is. You love those things better than your old man." I said jokingly.  "Your just jealous because their better looking than you." Tenley came back laughing, "Ouch that hurt!" I replied. My remark made everyone laugh.

"We're going out to eat then, to the zoo, and finally to the carnival later on tonight. Whose in?" The boys started jumping up and down while Tenley said "Of course!" "Let's load the car up." We got out the front door and hopped into my black truck.

I was driving, Caroline next to me, in the backseat behind me was Bo, behind Caroline was Tenley, and in the middle of the two was Tate. "Daddy could you pwease turn the radio on?" Tate asked, I of course couldn't say no so I did. My old song 'Country girl shake it for me' happened to be playing. All the kids started in on singing, "Oh Thomas Luther would you please sing for your wonderful family?" Caroline playfully begged. I joined in and started singing, we all had fun on our way to the restaurant.

We pulled into 'Big Joes' and I parked. We all go out one at a time, Caroline walked in hand in hand, while the kids were in front of us. We walked in after the kids did, and the kids already had a table for us. Caroline and I stopped, looked at each other, laughed a little bit and walked over to our beautiful children.

*An hour has passed and the family was at the zoo.*
Tenley's pov-

We were in the zoo, I was walking next to mom, while Dad was telling the boys a story about every animal we passed. "Mom what do I do about Keegan, he'll be at the carnival tonight." I asked mom, she looked ahead at dad to make sure he couldn't hear us. "Honey I would just tell him, he deserves to know. Plus you guys aren't even dating yet." I shrugged "Yeah I know, but I'm scared he'll be mad at me for keeping it from him for this long." I responded. "Sweetheart I'm sure it will be fine." Mom reassured me. I smiled and we walked up to dad and the boys.

We went through every animal, and trail at the zoo, and the carnival wasn't open yet, so we went out to lunch. I ordered a burger and French fries, as long did dad. Mom got a salad, and the boys got hot dogs and French fries.

"So, Tenley how was the rest of the school year after I went on tour?" Dad had asked me. "Well dad it was great. Um I have to tell you something though." I said and dad raised one of his eyebrows like he was suspicious of something. "Dad, you know how I'm going to be a senior next fall, well there's this boy..." I started but dad cut me off before I could finish. "WHAT! No there's not, there's no boy." He kinda yelled and slammed his fist down on the table. "Thomas Luther, your making a scene now hear your daughter out!" Mom said in a stern voice. "Dad, he's gonna be in college next fall, but he's really sweet, and nice, and he respects my wishes of not having sex until I'm married. I know he's not as good as you are daddy, but he sure is close." Dad looked sad, "Now dad, he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, because he wanted to wait till you got home to ask your permission, but daddy I really like him." He looked irritated, like he didn't want to have this conversation for a long time, but it came sooner than he thought. He hadn't said anything for a while, the boys just kept eating, momma told em' not to listen. "Daddy?" I asked. He just sat there, staring at the table. "Luke, Honey?" Momma also piped in. "Tenley, I really wasn't looking forward to this for quite some time, but its here and he sounds like a nice guy, but I have to meet him." Dad said sternly. I smiled, "Thank you dad. Thank you so much." I thanked him. "I'm not promising  anything, you hear me, nothing." He added.

Luke's pov-

Tenley had just told me news that I was not ready to hear, not for a long time. Bo and Tate had finished lunch after the rest of us finished already. "Daddy I'm ready for the carnival." Bo Pleaded. "Your right Bo Bo, I'm gonna pay for lunch and we'll be on our way." I got up kissed Caroline and went to pay for lunch.

We I returned Caroline was cleaning up Tate, and Bo and Tenley were already walking out the door. "Caroline, honey when am I suppose to meet this boy?" I questioned her. She smiled and told me "Well Tenley told me that he's going to be at the carnival." I sighed, and picked Tate up. Caroline grabbed my hand and we walked out the door towards the truck.

*At the carnival.*
Tenley's pov-

We finally arrived at the carnival and the boys were so excited. "I want to ride the farrus wheel." Bo shouted, "I want to go on the bumper cars." Tate added in. "Boys, calm down were going to ride everything, isn't that right sweetheart?" Mom asked dad. "It sure is honey." Dad answered.

As a family we were all walking towards the bumper cars, when I hear someone yell my name.