On The Road

Tenley's pov-

We've been on the road for about an hour now. He's driving, since we have 8 hours to get there and I don't knock exactly where it is, Scotty is going to drive two hour then I'll drive for, and he'll drive the rest of the two hours up to his home. We were listening to music and he was singing to me. "Tenley I love you with all my heart, and I can not wait for my family to meet the woman I want to marry in the future." He puts his right hand on my thigh. "I love you Scotty, but I'm nervous what if they don't like me?" I asked him. "If they don't like you they're going to have to get over it because I'm in love with you." I felt my cheeks get really hot.

I looked at him and smiled, he mouthed "I love you" I blushed even more. I decided to take a nap before I have to drive. So I look out the window and close my eyes listening to the music and the truck driving on the express way.

*An hour passed*

I wake up to my phone ringing.

Phone conversation
C-CAROLINE T-TENLEY

C-Hey baby, how are you doing?
T-Good, hows dad and the boys?
C-Honesty I do not know. Your crazy dad will not let go downstairs, because I'm a tad bit sick.
T-Dads just looking out for the family. C-Yeah I know. So where are ya?
T-Some gas station in Bonaire.
C-You guys have traveled pretty fast then.
T-Yeah, Scotty just got back in the truck wanna talk to him?
C-No that's fine. Call me later tonight. I love you!
T-I love you too mama.

End of conversation

"Who was that babe?" He looked curious. "It was just my mom. No big deal, she just wondered where we were." He nodded, we traded spots since it was my turn to drive. And we were off. I reached up and turned up the radio some more, and Brantley's song 'Bottoms up' was on and Scotty started singing it. "God I love your voice!" I exclaimed. "More than your father's?" He asked. I frowned at him, "I'm not picking between you and my father." He chuckled, "I would never ask you too." He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

We talked and laughed as we waited and drove more and more. We stopped ate at McDonald's. Talked about what his family was like, and what it was like growing up. He told me his parents names, Michael and Judy, his sisters name and her fiancée, Ashley and Trent. He shared childhood stories and him and his dad, and Grandpa who just passed away last year. I told him about my Aunt Kelly and Uncle Chris. Also how I didn't even get to meet him, he died two years before I was born. I told him how Aunt Kelly passed away in 2007, and how the boys never met either of them. Also how Uncle Lee passed away in 2014, and that's why we have Til, but the whole world already knew that.

*5 hours passed*

After talking and driving the whole way there, we have an hour till we're at his childhood home. As we we're getting closer, I was a bit more anxious. He tried calming me down, but I was still scared. "They're going to love you, I promise." I nodded and slid over to the middle and layed my head on his shoulder. I suddenly fell asleep.