The barbecue

Tenley's pov-

Everyone had arrived, and I was so happy to see mom and dad's friends, that I call aunt and uncle. Keegan arrived first, and him and dad talked while Dad got the hotdogs and burgers ready for the barbecue. Everybody was here except Scotty. We were all out back, everyone was standing around talking and drinking beer, lemonade and sweet tea. Keegan and I were sitting next to each other talking and laughing. I hear the door bell ring, "Tenley honey will you go get that please?" Momma asked me since dad was grilling, and she was talking to aunt Carrie, and aunt Miranda. I kissed Keegan on the cheek and walked in through the sliding glass door towards the front door.

I approached the door, and opened it. "Hi everyones in the back...." I said before looking up, when I looked up I saw, Scotty. "Hello Tenley, its nice to see your pretty face again." He said in his strong southern accent which makes me melt. "Its nice to see you too Scotty." I say as he walks past me towards the back door. I wasn't far behind him, so when he got to the door he opened it for me. As I walked in front of him, I got outside and dad asks "Tenny who was at the door?" As soon as everyone saw Scotty behind me it went silent. Keegan didn't know that Scotty and I use to have a thing for each other because I never told him. I walked over to Keegan who was on the other side of the patio. I sat in the chair next to him.

"Hey Tenley were getting ready to play a game of softball, you wanna play?" I hear uncle Jason yell over to me. Softball is my favorite sport, I was team captain the last two years when I played for school. "Have I ever been known to turn down a game of softball?" I say running over to them. "Whose all gonna play?" I yell across the yard to everyone. "Tenley is captain one and I'll be captain two." Uncle Jason says. Almost everyone came over to the big area that were playing on. Keegan stayed over to hell my dad, and mom and aunt Carrie stayed by the table with Isaiah and Tate.

"I pick Brad." Uncle Jason says, "I pick Til." I say pointing to my cousin. Uncle Jason smiles at me then remarks "I pick Lee." He went for uncle Lee. "I pick uncle Blake....." As we trailed on and on, we got our teams set with each having seven people on our teams. The game had started and I was up to bat, Uncle Jason was pitching, and he likes to play tricks on me. He throws me a curve ball, but I saw it coming so I hit it perfectly it looked like a second, so I ran to second base.

*An hour passed and the game was over*

After my team winning, everyone was walking up to the patio to see if dinner was done. Uncle Jason walked over to me, he ruffled his hand in my hair "Good game sport." He sorta congratulated me. "Haha thanks." I laughed, trying to fix my hair a little. He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked up to the patio as well. Keegan walked up to Uncle Jason and I and kissed my cheek, "You looked so cute out there playing." He complimented me. I smiled, "Thank you." Dinner was done and everyone made their plates at sat down in a chair, I was sitting next to Keegan with Til on the other side of me. Across from me was Scotty, and Tate next to him. Tate just loves Scotty to death.

Luke's pov-

After a whole day of me grilling I finally get to sit down and eat with my family and friends. I stood up and hit my fork on my glass to get everyone's attention. "I want to say thank you to everyone who came out tonight. It meant a lot to us, especially on such a short notice. Now we know who are real friends and family are. I'm so happy to be home with my beautiful wife, and three adorable loving children. Thank you again." I sat down, we said grace and everyone dug into the food.

When everyone finished, I turned on the stereo. Keegan had to leave which was a shame I was starting to like him. "Goodbye Mr and Mrs Bryan, thank you for having me over." Keegan said as Tenley walked him out. "Luke do you remember that trip we took with the girls, back when Tenley was just a little squirt?" Tim had asked me. "Oh yeah, Tim that sure was one hell of a trip to Vegas. Thank god momma LeClaire watched Tenley for Carol and I." I said laughing.

Tenley's pov-

I walked back into the party, when I saw Scotty sitting down by the pond alone. I told momma where I was going and walked down there. "Hey stranger. What you up to?" I said walking towards him, he glances back at me for a few seconds then goes back to looking at the pond. I go and sit next to him, I bump his shoulder with mine, "Scotty what's wrong?" I ask him. He just shrugs, like nothings wrong. I grab his chin and pull his face to look at mine, "Scotty you know you can tell me anything, were best friends. We have been for like ever." He sighs and gives it a minute. "It's you Tenley. I never quite got over you. I still like you a lot, and seeing you with that Keegan guy really hurt." That knocked the wind right out of me, I didn't know Scotty still felt that way. "Scotty you know how my dad feels about us because of the huge age gap. Your 22 and I'm turning 17. I'm not even a legal adult yet. Scotty I wish we still had that thing for each other, but we had to move on it was time for it." I tried telling him. He just shrugged, he looked at me but this time I was looking out over the pond. He pulled my faces towards his and kissed me.

Next thing I know Scotty knocked on the ground and dad's on top of him, "What the hell are you doing, Scotty she's 17." Dad yelled in his face. Everyone was running down here to see the big commotion. "Dad get off of him!" I yelled and trying to push dad off of Scotty, but dad just kept punching him. You could tell Scotty had enough when he started fighting back. It took uncle Jason and uncle Blake to pull dad off of Scotty. "She's 17, what the hell were you thinking?" Dad yelled while being held back. Scotty stood there with a busted lip, "Well Luke you wanna know what I was thinking? I was thinking that I saw the most wonderful, beautiful girl sitting next to me. She was trying to tell me that she moved on from me because you, her father, didn't want her with me, the man that made her happy, her own father didn't want her happy. But I could tell she's not over me, I was her first love and and she was mine..." "She was 15 when you too had a thing, she was too young! And she's still to young." Daddy sternly interrupted Scotty. Scotty spit some blood off his lip, Dad turned around and headed for the house. "I'd leave before anything else gets started." Uncle Blake suggested Scotty.

*Later that night after everyone left*
Lukes pov-

Soon after the fight everyone left, so the boys cleaned up and we watched a movie. Tenley hasn't came out of her room since she said goodbye to everyone. It was getting late, Bo and Tate fell asleep on Caroline and I, so we carried them to their rooms and tucked them in. The two of us went into our room, I was just taking my shirt off to get into the shower, "Thomas Luther don't you think you ought to go apologize to your daughter?" Caroline said laying in the bed reading her book. "For what Carol? I told her before she's to young for him and they aren't going to be together." She shook her head at me, "Luke honey you caused a huge scene about it. It was uncalled for." I sighed. "I'll apologize in the morning." I said but Caroline looked disappointed, I just blew it off and went and got in the shower.