Chapter 2: Getting Suspicious

Katie and I were a couple blocks away from the cafe and I still couldn't shake the feeling somebody was watching us. I didn't notice, but I guess I shivered because Katie's worried eyes were staring at me. "Are you okay? What's wrong," she asked me.

I shrugged it off and said "I don't know, I guess I'm just cold."

She looked at me with a confused expression and said "Alex, honey, it's 85 degrees out.".

"And we're done with school," I said, hoping I could change the subject.

"I know, right," she said excitedly, a big grin plastered to her face. Her smiles were contagious because, next thing I knew, I was smiling too.

My phone started ringing so I picked it out of my pocket and checked the caller ID. Ugh. It's Faye. She's my older sister who's SUPPOSED to be watching me while our parents are traveling, but she's usually out getting drunk and hooking up with guys, as if I cared. I am more than capable to be on my own.

"What do you want?," I snarled in the phone, obviously not wanting to talk to her.

"What's your problem, ya little bitch?!," she slurred, clearly drunk.

"What do you want," I asked nicely, trying to mask my anger.

"I'm not gonna be home for a couple of days so take care of yourself until I get back," she said.

I rolled my eyes, mumbling 'big surprise' under my breath. "Okay, fine," I said, and with that, she hung up.

"Who was that," Katie asked.

"My bitch sister telling me she won't be home for a few days," I said blandly.

"Oh okay," Katie said awkwardly.

We got to the doors of the cafe and while Katie went in to get her coffee, I looked around to see if anybody was really watching us. I saw the white van again as it drove past me. I got a weird pang in my stomach (probably because I'm freaking starving). Ugh, I'm probably just being paranoid, I mean, who would want to stalk us? It's not like we do anything interesting.

"Whatever," I mumbled to myself. I turned back around and went in the cafe with Katie to get my coffee.

(A/N: Hi everybody! I hope you like the story so far :) Don't worry, it gets better as you go along. Have a great day, my lovelies! -AllieCat816)