Chapter 22: Cocoa Puffs

(Niall's P.O.V)

I walked around the house, looking for Liam, Zayn, and Harry. We needed to talk about Louis. I've been everywhere in this damn house and I still haven't found them. I pull my phone out of my pocket to check what day it was: Friday.

Oh, they're at the grocery stores then. Every Friday, they'd head to the stores to get the usual things: food, water, beer, rope, etc.. They've been gone for a while now. I wonder why they wouldn't tell me they were leaving me alone with her. I mean, it's no big deal, but . . . I don't know, maybe they were just being rushed.

I sat myself down on the living room couch and texted Liam, asking where they were and when they'd be home.

Liam: Hey, sorry we didn't tell you, we just wanted to get in and get out. We'll be back in about 30 minutes. You okay?

I check the time: '1:24 p.m.'

Me: Yeah, I'm fine. Is Louis with you?

Liam: No, I thought he was at the house with you.

I stood up quickly and looked around, trying to figure where he'd be. I checked the whole entire house and nobody was here except for me and the girl. Where else would he be? I really didn't want to be alone with him right now.

Me: Do you have any idea where else he could have gone?

Liam: I think he had to get some more chloroform from our supplier downtown. He could be there.

I calmed down a little bit, relaxed back on the couch and told Liam I'd see them when they get home. I shut off my phone and decided to head upstairs and check on the girl.

When I opened the door, she was still laying on the bed, bound by handcuffs. I looked closer and her eyes were squeezed shut, as if she was in pain. I walked over to her and looked her up and down, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Are you okay," I asked, which seemed to startle her.

She opened her mouth to speak but the loud growling from her stomach already told me what she was gonna say: she was hungry. "Oh," I said with a chuckle," well, um . . . the boys just went to the store but they won't be back for a little while."

She frowned and asked me if I was sure we didn't have any food downstairs. "I'm sure I could make you a sandwich or a hot pocket or something like that," I told her, forcing a little smile out.

"Could you, please," she asked politely.

I nodded and, before I could get to the door, she spoke.

"Could I come," she asked ,"please?" I thought it over quickly. The boys don't want her undone from the bed; I could get in trouble. Well, she hasn't given me any reason to distrust her. I took the copy of the handcuff key out of my pocket and let her free from the bed. She thanked me repeatedly.

"Just follow me. And do not try leaving this house. Okay," I said, trying to sound intimidating but probably coming off as a 5 year old trying to boss people around. Nonetheless, she agreed and followed me down to the kitchen.

She sat down at the table and waited patiently for me to pick something for her.

"What do you want," I asked. She just shrugged her shoulders and asked if she could have a look. "Sure," I said plainly, backing away from the cabinet.

She strolled over to the cabinet, green eyes scanning over our scarce items before grabbing a box of Cocoa Puffs. She turned to me and held the box up, as if she were asking if it was okay. I smiled and nodded, grabbing her a bowl and spoon. Then, while she was pouring the cereal, I took the milk out of the fridge and poured it for her.