Chapter 23: "We need to talk"

(Katie's P.O.V)

I've been worried sick. It's been about 12 days since I last saw Alex. My parents still haven't gotten back from Massachusetts or Maine or wherever the hell they went.

I've been contemplating whether or not to call the police. I mean, I probably should; this could be serious. But the only thing stopping me is the thought that she's just somewhere in plain sight and I'm just not looking hard enough.

I've checked her house a few times every couple of days, but she's never there. But what really caught my attention was the condition Alex's room was in. Like, all of her clothes were missing and her room all messed up; like she ran in, grabbed all of her clothes, and left. She wouldn't leave without telling me, though. Then again, they may just be getting washed or the hamper or something like that.

I decided to try and call Alex one more time before calling the police. I dialed her number and, instead of getting the ringing sound, it just went straight to voicemail; her phone is off. Great.

I guess I should call the cops now. Just as I picked up the land line, I noticed a car pull up in Alex's driveway. Faye's back. I put the phone back down and went downstairs to talk to her. Maybe she knows where Alex is. Even if she doesn't, she still needs to know what happened to her.

Wait. . . do I even know what happened? All I really know is Alex was with me in the coffee shop, we went our separate ways, and the she just up and disappeared. Whatever, she still needs to know; even though they fight a lot but they're still love each other (probably).

I left my house and headed for Alex's, hoping I'd catch Faye. I knocked on the door a couple of times, but no answer; I just let myself in. "Faye," I called. There were footsteps coming from the kitchen and Faye appeared in the doorway. "What are you doing here," she asked, reeking of alcohol.

"We need to talk."

(A/N: I know this is short but it's important. Okay, so this is my first official chapter I wrote on Wattpad. YAY! Okay, so next update should be by the end of the week. Keep voting and commenting, my lovelies! -AllieCat816)