Chapter 6: State of Panic

(Katie's P.O.V)

I grabbed my clothes out of the dryer and started folding them. I checked my phone afterwards to see if I could still catch the 8:30 bus. It's 8:29. Shit, I'd better hurry up. I grabbed my clothes and rushed out of the doors, catching the bus just before the doors closed.

Nice one, Katie. The bus was really packed! Damn, there's only one more seat left. I had some race some guy to it, but I won; today must be my lucky day!

I sat patiently until we got to my stop and hopped off. The lady that sat next to me smelled like cat food. Gross! Whatever, the bus stopped a block away from my house and the rain had stopped, so it was gonna be a short walk. I got to my house, opened the front door, and slipped in.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home" I called out. "Hello?" I went to the kitchen and found a note on the fridge.

"Katie,

Dad and I were called to a very important job in

Massachusetts, so we'll be gone for a few days; maybe 6

or 7. Dinner for tonight is in the microwave; it's my

lasagna! Stay safe and make sure the house isn't totally

wrecked when we get back. I'll see you soon, sweetie.

Love, Mom"

Oh great, they left again; they're always going on important job calls. I should probably explain: both of my parents are doctors; surgeons, actually. They've been called the best in the state, which means whenever there's an emergency in one of the states close by, they're the first to be called. But when both of them are called to the same job, it usually means it's serious, so I'm not sour about it.

I zapped my food and enjoyed my food; mom's homemade lasagna is literally the best! I washed my dish and put it in the dishwasher, grabbed my clothes, and headed upstairs.

After I put all of the clothes away, I decided to watch some t.v..

"Hmm, what's good," I mumbled to myself, flipping through the channels. There's never anything good on when - OH SHIT! Alex! I totally forgot to check on her. I checked my phone to see if she had maybe tried to call or text back; nothing. I ran over to Alex's house, grabbed the spare key from under the ceramic frog on her porch, and went in.

"Alex," I screamed into the house ,"Alex, are you here?" I ran up to her room; nothing. I checked the living room; nothing. I searched every inch of her house and still found nothing.

Okay, now's a good time to panic! She's been M.I.A. for about an hour now. Oh my God, what do I do? Well . . . what can I do?

(A/N: Oh boy! That can't be good! Katie must be freaking out! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I'll see you guys soon. Love you!!! -AllieCat816)