Chapter 16: She's Different

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I shut the door behind me as quietly as possible; the other boys are asleep and I can't have any of them waking up and seeing me help her.

Ever since we started kidnapping girls, all we'd do is play with them until we got bored, then we'd get rid of that girl and get a new one.

None of us have ever helped a girl or taken care of one like I just did. If you know you can get a new toy later, why spend time repairing the old ones?

I'm not quite sure what it was about this girl, but she's got something the other girls didn't. I can't really explain it, but I like it. Oh, come on Harry, get a hold of yourself! She'll probably be dead by next week (just like the rest of them).

But it wasn't up to me when she dies... it's up to Zayn. I mean, we have a group discussion about it and, if the majority chooses for her to stay, it would be so. But it's never gotten to that point before.

The girls we've been kidnapping were all the same: they'd cry the first night, we'd play with her for a few days and, once we got bored of her, Zayn would take her deep into the woods (far enough from the house and other civilization) and kill her. He seldom told us how he killed the girl, but when he did, it was with a gun.

But I kinda don't want this girl to die. Like I said, she was different.

I was snapped out of my thought when the hallway light flicked on, causing me to turn around to see who had turned it on; it was Niall.

"What are you doin up," he asked tiredly; he probably just woke up.

"Um nothing I was just. . . uh. . . checking on the new girl," I said. "What are you doing up," I asked (it was, like, almost 2am).

"I'm hungry," he stated, brushing past me to go down to the kitchen. I'm actually a bit hungry myself; I followed behind Niall.

He opened the fridge and grabbed the milk, went to the cabinet for cereal and a bowl, and started eating. I just grabbed a granola bar.

"So," he began, milk dribbling out of the sides of his mouth," what do ya think of the new girl?"

"I . . uh," I stuttered,"she's alright. How about you?"

He stopped eating and said ,"she's okay. Not one of my favorites but let's see what happens tomorrow," he finished with a smirk.

"What do you mean 'what happens tomorrow'?" I asked, a bit concerned.

He looked at me with a strange face and said ,"well, didn't you see Zayn coming outta her room a few hours ago? He was really pissed. And you know what happens to the girls that piss Zayn off!"

I immediately got chills. I knew exactly what Niall was talking about; we've seen Zayn beat a few girls to death like it was almost effortless on his part. I looked back at Niall and I could just tell he was thinking the same thing.

He put his bowl in the sink and told me we should get some rest; we headed upstairs and went into our separate rooms.

I crossed my bedroom to my bed and got under my sheets. I knew I was gonna dream about her. . . and I was okay with that because, with her in my dreams, they're bound to be good.

(A/N: Hope ya enjoyed the chapter and . . . yeah. Not too much to say right now haha. Keep on voting and commenting, my lovelies! -AllieCat816)