Chapter 13: Adventures in Funderland

(Katie P.O.V)

I left my house and headed for Funderland. 'Please be there' I mumbled to myself as I walked. This is my last hope to find Alex; if she's not here, I honestly don't know what my next step is gonna be.

This isn't like Alex, it just isn't. She'd never leave without telling me, even if it were just to Funderland, she'd call or text.

Well, maybe her phone broke . . . or she lost it or something. I reached Funderland and pulled the doors open, immediately being greeted by the sound of laughter and the smell of pizza. I genuinely love coming here!

But right now, I need to focus on finding Alex, which I realized would be harder that I had expected due to the population of the arcade. It was packed!

I started looking around some of Alex's favorite games: Pac-Man, skee-ball, air hockey, and claw machines. I've got a lot of searching to do.

I walked around the arcade, occasionally getting bumped into by some kid getting pissed off at a game for 'eating his quarters'. Not gonna lie, that was pretty much me when that happened.

~~~~~~

I've been looking for almost 3 hours now; I've checked out back, in the bathrooms, in the food court, and the whole entire arcade twice and there's still no sign of Alex.

I decided to go to the front desk to ask if they seen Alex at all (yes, they know what we look like by heart. We're regulars there). No luck. I decided to stop by one more place before I went home.

I took a quick stop by the cafe we were at yesterday. She wasn't there either. I asked the barista if he had seen her at all and he said the last time he saw her was yesterday with me.

Maybe she's home now. I hopped on the bus and rode it home. I went back to Alex's house to see if she was there now; nope. I just don't know what I'm gonna do anymore.

I walked home, feeling defeated. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, maybe it's Alex! I checked the caller ID: Mom. It was a voice-mail. I sat on my front steps and listened to it.

Basically, the emergency in Massachusetts turned out to be something much more serious and they had to move the patients to some research lab or something in Maine, so mom and dad weren't going to be back until sometime in July.

That's, like, 4 weeks away! What am I supposed to do in 4 weeks when I have no best friend to spend them with? At least I can cook, so I won't starve. But I seriously need to figure out what happened to Alex.

(A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Keep voting and commenting, my lovelies! -AllieCat816)