Chapter 29: Chatting with Faye (part 2)

(Katie's P.O.V.)

Did she. . . did she just say what I think she did?

She knows who took Alex?! Alex was taken?! And she knows who took her? What?!

How? She wasn't even here. She hasn't been here in weeks! How the hell could she possibly know? And. . . she knows where she is?

I finally picked my jaw up off of the ground to talk. "H-how," I asked her shakily. Am I shaking? I am.

Wait. Hold the fuck up. What if she's still drunk? Oh my god how stupid can I be?!?! She's drunk and she's just giving me bullshit.

"Oh my god," I mumbled under my breath.

"What'd you say," she asked loudly (and rudely).

I looked her in the eye and, against my better judgement, I asked her "are you still drunk?"

"No, I'm not," she said clearly. "Trust me, honey, I've learned how to control my alcohol tolerance. I only had about 2 beers before I came home. I'm completely sobered up now." I don't even know what to say right now. I'm sure she's learned how to control her alcohol by now, but I'm still not sure whether or not to believe that she knows where Alex is.

"Any other questions you wanna ask before I kick you out of my house," she asked snarkily. I snarled at her a little when she looked away. God, she's so fucking rude. I just really want to reach across the room and bitch slap her.

I did want to ask her some things. Like how the hell she knew what happened to Alex. And who took her. And how she knew who took her. There are too many things running through my mind to focus on one question.

"Well," she said impatiently, snapping me out of my state of thought.

Without thinking, I blurted out one of the questions going through my mind. "Who took her?"

After the words came out of my mouth, her mouth curled into a sick little smile. I actually got a twinge of pain in my stomach, but ignored it to focus on her answer.

"One Direction took her," she said, not letting the smile be moved. Is she serious?

"I'm not kidding Faye! This is serious! Who the hell took her?!" I said angrily. Is she trying to make a joke of this?!

She wiped the smile off of her face so she'd have a serious expression. "I am serious. One Direction took her." Does she not understand that her sister is missing? Alex could be dead right now and Faye's making shit up.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. World famous boyband One Direction just happens to be in Rhode Island and decides to take Alex?" I asked her. "Yeah, no. That's a big load of bullshit." She stood up from the couch and walked back to the kitchen. Ugh, why can't she stay the hell still for 5 minutes?!

I followed her back into the kitchen to see her grabbing another beer from the fridge. I quickly ran over to her, took the beer out of her hand and put back in the fridge before blocking the doors with my body. She tried moving me, but I refused to budge.

"Out of my way, ya stupid little bitch," she shouted in my face, but I just ignored her mean words.

"Not until you tell me who took her," I said in the most serious tone I've ever heard myself use.

"I already did," she said back, making my blood boil.

"NO YOU DID NOT!!!," I screamed, making her back up a little. She looked innocent for a second. A second. Then her annoying little scowl returned to her face.

"I told you the truth," she said seriously. She wasn't smirking. Or giggling. Or anything. If I was stupid, this whole 'One Direction kidnapped Alex' shit she's trying to sell.