Chapter 12: Feeling Hopeless

(Katie's P.O.V.)

I woke up at about 10am the next day. My stomach had been doing flips ever since I got home. I was so nervous. I kept making up scenarios in my head where Alex comes back and explains everything, but I knew that wasn't very likely to happen.

I tried thinking about reasons why she didn't show up but none of them made any sense. I thought to myself

"Well, maybe she was on her way home and was abducted by aliens." But, ya see, that makes no freaking sense whatsoever.

I think I've been getting a bit paranoid over aliens lately because I watched Dark Skies a few days ago with Alex. I've never been a scary movie person, and neither was Alex. But she was sleeping over and we thought 'why the hell not' so we watched it and slept with half of the lights on that night.

There's gotta be a reasonable explanation as to why she didn't come home last night. And no, it wasn't aliens. Maybe she just decided to go to the arcade a few blocks up the street.

Funderland was without a doubt my favorite place ever! It was a 24/7 arcade (which meant it was open all the time) and it was for 13+ (which meant no annoying little kids running around). I started calming down a little more now, knowing she was probably at Funderland.

Sometimes, when both of our parents were away for a few days, we would go to Funderland for hours and just hang out and play all of the games! It was ginormous!

They had a miniature gold course out in the back along with go-carts, batting cages, and even a giant ball pit! They've got some of the best food I've ever had (besides my mom's cooking, of course) and the workers there are really nice.

Maybe I should go check it out to see if Alex was there. Ugh, I gotta get up now. I pulled myself out of bed, threw on an outfit, and went downstairs. I made myself some pancakes, ate and headed for Funderland.

(A/N: Ok yes, this chapter is pretty short, but chapter 11 makes up for it, I'd like to think. Keep on voting and commenting, my lovelies! -AllieCat816)