Chapter 28: Chatting with Faye

(Katie's P.O.V.)

I took hours of holding Faye's hair back as she leaned over the toilet, puking out all of the alcohol in her system. After that, I helped her out to get her sober enough to talk to her.

She really needs to know what happened to Alex. Hell, I don't even know what happened to Alex. Well, she needs to know anyway. They are sisters after all. Even though they fight, I'm sure she'd be concerned about the whole thing. Right?

"Faye," I said as I walked to the kitchen table where she was already sitting, diddling with her phone. She held up a finger, asking me to hold on. After about 5 minutes of texting whoever, she put her phone down and turned her attention to me.

"What do you want Kelly?" she asked annoyed.

"It's Katie," I corrected her. She's not drunk, but ever since I met her, she's always been drunk around me so she's probably never actually learned my name. I heard her mutter 'whatever' but I decided to brush it off and get down to the reason I came here in the first place.

"It's about Alex," I said calmly, closely examining her to make sure she can understand me. Ya know, to make sure she isn't drunk. Her eyes darted to mine, accented with fear.

"Wh-what about Alex," she asked nervously.

I tried thinking about how I'd put the words in order without scaring her too much. I mentally put the words together a dozen ways, each one sounded so harsh. I just decided to tell her what I'm sure of. "She's missing."

Her facial expression was unreadable. I couldn't tell whether or not she was worried or scared or what. She opened her mouth to say something, but immediately shut it. Isn't she going to say anything? Something seriously bad could be happening to Alex and she's not doing or saying anything.

"Well," I said impatiently. My hand quickly shot up to my mouth, clearly not believing what I just said. How rude could I be? My god, she was just told her little sister is missing and I'm pushing her to talk about it. She's probably in shock. But her face is so blank, I can't even tell.

"What happened," she finally asked.

"I don't know," I admitted. I feel really terrible about the lack of knowledge I hold about this whole situation but I'm glad she knows. Well, not glad, because that would be terrible. Umm . . . I don't know. It's good that she knows what's going on.

"When did this happen," she asked. Her voice was so monotone. Not conveying any emotion whatsoever. Like a robot. Maybe she's a robot. What are those robots that look like humans called? Umm. . . cyborgs! Aww, I remember that show I used to watch when I was little. There was a cyborg character in it. Teen Titans, right? Ah yeah, that was, like, one of my fav- WAIT! Snap out of it, Katie! God, I get so damn sidetracked!

I sat down across from Faye and began. "Well, Alex and I were heading to the cafe up the street from the school to celebrate school finally being over. We sat for hours and just talked and stuff. At about, like, maybe 8 or so, I told her I had to run errands and she said she'd meet me at her house. . . this house to hang out. I got back at a little after 8:30 and she wasn't here. I went looking around our favorite places to hang out and she wasn't there. She hasn't been answering my texts or calls. It's been almost three weeks," I finish.

"Well maybe she just doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Ever think about that?" Faye said rudely. I felt a little pang in my chest. That's not true. It can't be true. I'm closer to Alex than her sister will ever be. I just shook my head.

"No. That's not true. This is serious. I thought you'd be a little more concerned that your little sister, who you were supposed to be watching, is now nowhere to be found!," I said loudly. I didn't mean to raise my voice at her, she just kinda gets on my nerves.

"Hey, chill out, ya little brat," she said louder. "I'm sure she's fine." I actually can't believe this. Does she even understand what's happening right now? Alex could be dead right now and her sister couldn't care fucking less!

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO OKAY WITH THE FACT THAT YOUR SISTER IS MISSING," I snapped. Ya know what? I don't even care that I yelled at her that time. She deserves it! Alex was her responsibility while their parents are travelling and she's acting like she just lost a cat.

"She's not missing," she said quietly. Almost too quietly for me to hear, but I did.

"What do you mean she's not missing? How the hell would you know where she it?! Whenever you see her you're either too drunk to notice or just not paying enough attention," I said sharply. She just smiled and shook her head.

Okay, there's obviously something she knows that I don't. But I intend on finding out.

"What do you mean?" I asked. . . not really asked, kind of begged. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Honey, I know where exactly where she is," she said in a cocky voice.

"W-what do you-," was all I could get out before she abruptly stood up and exited the room. Where is she. . . what the hell? She can't just say that and leave.

I followed her to their living room as she sat back on the couch and took her phone out again. I walked over to her seat and quickly snached it from her hand, walking to the other side of the room where it was clearly out of reach for her.

"Hey, give it back!" she yelled from her sitting position, obviously too lazy to get up and walk over here herself. I placed her phone on the side table next to me.

"Not until I know what you know," I told her.

I feel like I'm one of those spies that are sent on top secret missions to find information from the enemies.

The words that came out of Faye's mouth next made my stomach drop and my heart stop.

"I know who took her"

(A/N: Whaaatt?!?!?! How does she. . . WHAT??!?! Whoa, what the hell just happened?! Well, as always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter :) I started school a few days ago and it's going pretty well. I don't want to set the school on fire so that's good. See you soon. -AllieCat816)