Chapter 9: Waking Up In Hell

I kept having a horrible nightmare about them. In the nightmare, I was running through the woods, at night, away from them. Trying to get help for myself. I still didn't know what they looked like, which made it that more scarier. Five shadows were chasing me.

I stopped in my tracks, unable to hear the leaves rustling anymore. I looked around, but it was too dark to see them. Suddenly, they tackled me to the ground. I screamed as they jabbed something cold and sharp into my side. That's when I woke up.

I shot up, trying to catch my breath. I got a major headache that only intensified as the sun shone brightly through a window in the corner of the room. I tried covering my eyes with my hands, but I couldn't move my left hand. I look up and it was handcuffed to the bed.

I could use my right hand, but still. I used my free hand to check my pockets for my phone so I could call for help. I checked all of my pockets . . . and couldn't find my phone. They took it.

Why the hell are you surprised? They kidnapped you, of course they took your phone, Alex!

I wonder where they are. I wonder where I am. I took a look around the room and it was actually pretty nice. There were 2 windows, a dresser, a cabinet, and there were 2 doors. I suppose one door leads to the rest of the house and the other to a bathroom or closet. The room was painted a faded green, but some spots looked like the paint peeled or chipped off.

There was dirt on the walls and . . . oh my God, is that blood?! I think that's blood! Just put your mind off of it, Alex. What else is there in the room? Hmm . . . there's an old painting of a sunset to my left. It's really pretty.

I looked around the room for anything else interesting but that was pretty much it. There was a black love seat under the painting. That was it. Pretty boring room if ya ask me.

"Hello," I called out ,"is anybody here?"

There was a faint sound of footsteps growing louder outside of my room. The door swung open. It was a guy with black hair, a tattoo sleeve on his right arm, and a red mark on his left cheek. Ahh shit, I think it's the guy I smacked in the van earlier.

"Hello, love," he said in a British accent. British? Hmm . . . okay then. He sauntered over to the bed I was lying on and sat himself down next to me. I went to sit up, but I was still too weak to move. He looked pretty pissed off; not gonna lie, I'd be pretty pissed if I was slapped in the face. Oh, that's right, I was.

"How did you sleep," he asked, clearly not giving a rat's ass.

"Not too fucking well," I spat back. He glared at me and slapped me hard across the face.

"WATCH THE WAY YOU TALK TO ME, YOU LITTLE BITCH! I CAN MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL! UNDERSTAND?" he screamed at me. I just nodded, not trusting that I could have given him a verbal response without my voice trembling.

"Good," he said, sounding pretty damn satisfied with how the situation played out. And with that, he left.

He looks familiar. Like really familiar. But I'm pretty sure there aren't any British people living in Rhode Island.

I just shook it off, trying to figure out a way I can gonna get myself outta here. Wait, aren't there five of them? Where are the other four? Ugh, this just keeps getting better and better.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I was really excited about making this one because you get a little taste of how one of the boys are gonna be acting toward Alex. Vote to show the love! -AllieCat816)