Chapter 5: Getting Worried

(Katie's P.O.V)

I was just leaving the library after returning some books and now I'm on my way to the laundromat. Great. I hate going to the laundromat; there's always some homeless person trying to take your clothes. I've had it happen to me once, actually. That's why I no longer have my favorite jean jacket and my lucky monkey socks anymore. I've learned my lesson, though. Watch your machine!

Oh perfect, it's raining. Well, at least the laundromat is only across the street . . . but then I have to walk 15 blocks to my house. *sigh*

"Well that's just awesome," I mumbled to myself ,"maybe I can catch a bus later".

I ran across the street to get to the laundromat.

Once I was safe in the nice, dry building, I took the machine all the way in the back. Not because it was the only one left, I just like being able to keep an eye on everything.

Actually, there were barely any people there. Some old lady drying her clothes near the front of the store and a guy on the side opposite to the lady.

I decided to text Alex to make sure she got home okay. It's a pretty long walk from the cafe back to our houses.

I texted her a few times, but she didn't reply. Hmm . . . she always replies to my texts. Maybe I should call her. I tried calling her, like, 6 times and she still didn't pick up. I hope she's okay.

'Maybe she already got home . . and she's just taking a nap,' I thought. I was just trying to think of an explanation as to why she wasn't answering her phone.

I got really worried, I mean, what if something happened to her? I couldn't stop thinking of the possibility that she wasn't safe.

*DING* I snapped out of my thoughts to get my clothes out of the washer and into the dryer.

5 more minutes left and I can finally go home and hang out with Alex . . . if she's still alive. NO! STOP IT! Snap out of it, Katie! She will be fine! I know Alex. She's probably in her room, taking a nap. Yeah, probably.

(A/N: See what I did there? Changed the P.O.V. up a little. Little tip for the future: if I ever change the P.O.V. in a chapter, I'll put it in the beginning of the chapter, like I did with this one; otherwise, it's Alex's P.O.V.. And for those of you who might not know, P.O.V. means Point Of View. I hope you enjoyed the chapter :) Keep voting, my lovelies :) -AllieCat816)